By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - FIFA 08 individual format sales

gawalls said:

it has been seen as being made easier where that development time could have been spent on other areas - it seems to me that Third Party developers seem to squeeze wiimote controls in at any cost, ask yourself seriously - which would have benefitted sales better for Fifa -  a family play mode or gamecube / classic controller support?

I know which would have resulted myself in buying it - before they fit these modes imo they should ask "is it feasible"

I don't know if you own a Wii, but I guess you do. In that case, you shure have played Twilight Princess. This game features a similar control scheme to Fifa, you hold the Wiimote and the nunchuck in the right and the left hand respectively.
In my opinion, this control scheme felt almost as a usual controller; if there was a difference, it only made the experience better for me.

Because of that, I don't see a reason why to add a Gamecube controller control scheme. On the other hand, I see good reasons for the easier control scheme that is also available and I really appreciate EA's idea about that. Imagine you are a 12-year-old boy and you like videogames and football. Your dad likes football too, but he usually doesn't touch video games.
With the Wii version of Fifa 08, you can play against him and the match will be equal. He can use the easy control scheme which is enough entertaining for him while you will be playing with the normal control scheme. You would play some really competitive matches and have a lot of fun together, while, if there were no easy control scheme, Dad would have no chance against you and would give it up after a little while.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Around the Network

FiFA 08 on Wii was a crippled cousin compared to the other ones, there was no manager mode, no be-a-pro mode... all the Wii got was shi**y family play mode... Even I got it on the PS2...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Most wii games are crippled versions of the games on PS3 and 360....thats one reason why the wii wont win even being the best sold...no money for third parties there...

FIFA 08
Italy:

1. PS2

2. PS3

3. 360

4. PSP

5. Wii

I get what you're saying Nintendo-Fanboy but i loved Z
Zelda - TP, best game on the wii so far and I loved the control scheme, as I did for Red Steel, Resi Evil, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Korinpa and many other wii games have so far chosen the correct control scheme for what they were trying to achieve.

Football is something though that I would personally prioritise a hardcore controller setup higher than a dumbed down family mode to get sales. This is the reason I bought it on the 360 and Ishy above bought it on the PS2, to me beating one of your mates in a hard fought battle is more satisfying than a game with a beginner.

Lets just see what Konami delivers with Pro Evo

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony