By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Relative to its time, which console was more dominant...NES or PS2?

tehsage said:
I'd be nice to have an accurate amount of people who own a ps2. Because I'm sure there are plenty of people who had a broken ps2 and purchased another, or sold their fat ps2 for a slim one.

I'm pretty sure the NES was on it's own. I mean, there was the top loader but I don't think that sold a lot...

heres some useless knwoledge, sales of the top loader NES are confirmed as being 'less then 50 000' from Nintendo themselves, cant remeber the source

Around the Network

The Nes when it comes to marketshare and industry dominance.

The PS2 when it comes to overall sales number, unless I am mistaken.

I game.  You game.  We game.

I'm a videogamer, not a fanboy, but have a special place for Nintendo.

Current Systems Owned: NSwitch/PS4/XONE/WiiU/3DS/2DS/PCGaming Rig-i7/ASUS i7 Gaming Laptop.

Previous Game Consoles:  PS3/Xbox360/Wii/DSL/Pretty much every one thats been released since the Atari 2600.

caz604 said:
The Nes when it comes to marketshare and industry dominance.

The PS2 when it comes to overall sales number, unless I am mistaken.

this^

the NES had no competition, seriously it had that much monopoly on the market. The PS2 had the same thing but to a lesser extent.

Like many said we won't see the same thing this gen or even next gen. It's hard to have the same market dominance the NES and PS2 had again.

elprincipe said:
RolStoppable said:
elprincipe said:
In Japan and the U.S., NES for sure. In Europe, PS2.

Europe isn't a country, so it doesn't count.

Isn't Australia in Europe?

Right next to France.

Around the Network

I love the range of games in PS2.

I'lI still waiting for FFXIII and KHIII to come out for PS3 and for its game library to increase before getting it.

O-D-C said:
NES

no one even knew it had any competition

this