By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Recent, Withing A Year, Gaming Purchase Surprises?

After Reading the recent purchase regrets thread I though I would start one on recent games you were surprised by how good they were.

Gradius 3 (Snes). - Had not played this before but was a very fun shooter.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii). - I hated the first two, both of which came with my gamecube and I gave away to friends. So when I seen a friend playing it I went out the next day and purchased it. This to me is the best single player FPS ever made and this is saying a lot coming from me because I own most of the FPS' made as well as RTS' and I have never had as much fun playing anything previous as I have with Metroid 3.

X2: The Threat (Linux). I had no idea of what to expect out of this game as I had not played a game even close to it before. It took a few hours to get into the game but once I did I spent many hours playing this game and trading and exploring and even decided to beat the game to experience the storyline.

The Battle for Wesnoth (Linux). Very fun and free 2D Turn based strategy game.

Company of Heroes (PC). The multiplayer is who can build tanks the fastest but single player is quite the experience. I was disapointed when I beat it and I plan on eventually getting the Expansion for it.

Around the Network

PS3 - Hey it was BRILLIANT & didn't deserve the negativity around it

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

When i downloaded Paper Mario, I thought it would be a fun game.

I didn't realize that it would be played for more hours than any other game on my Wii.

For those wondering how I could spend so much time playing it, it's not just me. I share my toys with several other people, and no game has engaged people more than Paper Mario.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Halo 3- thats the only thing I can say. The name speaks for itself.

Pokemon Diamond. I picked it up on a wim expecting no more than 20 hours of entertainment. Already logged in over 100.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229