By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros is Nintendo's best advertising campaign

too true there

Around the Network

I got interested in FE after playing SSBM.

Pixel Art can be fun.

vonboysp said:
i'll join the club. i was more interested in zelda, kirby, pokemon, f-zero, and earthbound thanks to it (yes, it's sad. i never really played a zelda before playing the original smash bros.)

Earthbound too, I agree. I would definitely buy a new Earthbound game if Nintendo released in the west and that's all thanks to Smash.

I also forgot to mention that I bought Animal Crossing on the DS primarily because I became curious about it through Smashville, and the incredibly powerful trophy with the yellow hand makes me want to play Golden Sun.

So I don't think anyone has been quite as taken in as I have, but it sounds like lots of people have had a similar experience.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

I haven't gotten into Fire Emblem the way all of you did, but it Smash games did rouse my interest in Nintendo's older games, particularly Kid Icarus and Ice Climber.

Melee did factor into my buying F Zero GX for the Cube, as well as my interest in Metroid Prime-Samus and Captain Falcon were two of my favourite characters.

Brawl has made me yearn for a number of things-a new Golden Sun (coming next year!), a new Pikmin (coming soon, I hope), a Kid Icarus revival (catchy theme tune and I like Pit), Ice Climber DS/DSiWare (doesn't anyone else think that would be awesome?), and with Lucas being my favourite character, EarthBound on Virtual Console and Nintendo actually making an effort to bring the Mother games to the West.

All in all, yes, I agree. The Smash series is great not just because it allows people to play with a variety of their favourite characters, but because it brings new characters and games into their hearts.

That is so true. I have tons of nintendo games because of melee back in the GC era

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Franchises i've gotten into because of Smash Bros:

Kirby
Metroid
Fire Emblem
F-Zero
Ice Climber

Yeah, that's a pretty good set.

EDIT: Also, seeing the Eggplant Man trophy in SSBM is what convinced me to buy Wrecking Crew when it came out for VC, a purchase that i am thoroughly satisfied with.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I can't remember the order of my games for the N64 but I imagine SSB opened me up to new games. I'm thinking that SM 64 was my first.. then SSB?