By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - 40GB ps3s silver?

I got this from a thread on GameSpot that contained this link to N4G. The only problem is the link leads to a member restricted area of N4G. Can any members of N4G tell us more about what the link says?

Around the Network

I had heard that the 40GB PS3 was black with no chrome finish. Man, looks like I got that one as wrong as possible.

I followed your link.

Sony Making a Silver 40 GB PS3 ?

SCEE confirmed to PSNow! that the new 40GB model will have a matt finish instead of the regular glossy one we see on 60Gb and 80Gb units.

But the true surprise came when they told PS3Now! that the new 40GB will come in Satin Silver.

"Yes, the finish on the 40GB model is a satin silver whereas the 60GB has a shiny finish."

Is Sony hiding a Satin Silver PS3 from us? Or is this a simple mistake from a SCEE PR rep...?

So the 40gb will be matte silver, and the 60/80 glossy black? Or will there also be a glossy silver 60/80?  The "whereas the 60gb has a shiny finish" bit confuses me. They didn't specify the color of the 60gb!

All I know is that glossy silver ps3 in the OP looks niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!  Not as good as my black one, though. :P

I have to say that the silver one doesn't look bad at all.

Around the Network

Silver PS3 looks good, but I prefer my dirty black PS3, with fingerprints,dust and more!

Quack!

I'll bet my avatar and a 1 month ban that the PS3 by March 08 will be 3 Million units away in WW sales of the Wii. konnichiwa, Your gonna regret this!!!!!!

And those tiny scratches it got the first time you dusted it without using a micro-fiber cloth. :P

They make my beautiful ps3 look bad in highly reflective light. :(

I have a question, unrelated to this. I'm reading some of the topics on this website and wonder, what does BC mean?

Quack!

I'll bet my avatar and a 1 month ban that the PS3 by March 08 will be 3 Million units away in WW sales of the Wii. konnichiwa, Your gonna regret this!!!!!!

Duckaluck said:
I have a question, unrelated to this. I'm reading some of the topics on this website and wonder, what does BC mean?

Backward comptability.. That means without it you can't play PS2 games anymore on the PS3.

So, I can play PS2 games on a PS3?

Quack!