By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Tiger Woods birdies the Wii -- PS3/XBox 360 DLC already on the Wii disk

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3175285

Tiger Woods 10 DLC Available for XBLA, PSN

Banff Springs to set you back 600 MS Points, or $7.50.

By Steve Watts, 07/23/2009

EA has released a new downloadable content pack for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. The new piece of content is the Canadian course Banff Springs, for 600 Microsoft Points or $7.50. This is the same price as the previous two DLC courses, The Predator and Spyglass Hill.

Of course, if you bought the Wii version, you already have Banff Springs available on the disc; it was one of 11 courses included that weren't in the other console versions. If this is a sign of things to come, we might see other international courses like Fancourt Links or Sheshan Golf Club appear as DLC despite being already available on the Wii. This kind of extra value could be what bolstered the Wii version to a high spot in the June NPDs while the others didn't place in the top 10 -- though we're sure the appeal of Wii MotionPlus didn't hurt.

Anyone who didn't think the Wii version was the superior one for this game needs to know this.

Maybe this will start a new trend. Can you imagine developers saying. "The Wii can't store a lot of DLC, so we will give everything now. That will also help sales. But we wil lcharge extra for the maps/modes on the PS3 and Xbox 360 since they have hard drives for storage."

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

Wow. This game never ceases to suprise me. I still plan on getting the bundle.

Question, why is it considered 'Pay & Play'?

Hmm... The xbots will just brush this one buy saying... HD graphics are the leetz and forgot they could have probably bought and extra wiimote and 2 motion pluses just for the supposed price of all the DLC.

My copy of Tiger is on its way. That and Grand Slam :)

Nickle and Dimin' the customers is the way to go huh?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

well at least they didn't rip them off just like with Godfather 2 were all the dlc was already in the game.

Will someone tell me why the box has the Pay and Play label?

Strangely, the Wii has unlimited storage so this could have been DLC if EA wanted. I'm glad it didn't work out that way, though...

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

I didn't know this. It seems crazy.

The Wii version has Pay & Play for a handful of crappy costumes that boost your stats, nothing real important.