By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - My favorite thing about the Presidential News Conference...

...is always the FOX News coverage afterwards.

It is always priceless.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

...is always the FAUX News coverage afterwards.

It is always priceless.

I fixed your spelling error.

Yeah, I saw the post-conference coverage on Fox News at the gym and was simply shocked. Its like they make some of these people drink a gallon of red Kool Aid before they go on the air. I am very glad I didn't stick around to watch Hannity. Even O'Reilly, who has actually calmed down quite a bit the last few years, was acting pretty irrational.

I mean it was just ludicrous. First, he says that Obama didn't give any specifics and that the plan doesn't have any specifics, even though there were a lot of specifics in the press conference, such as where specific cuts will occur, the implementation of an independent medical advisory board, proposals on how additional revenue will be raised, how the plan intends to change the cost structure of the health industry, the target they are looking at for covering additional uninsured, etc.

And then he starts criticizing the specifics of the plan he just said didn't have any specifics. I mean seriously, you can't have it both ways.

Its even better when you make it to the commercial break and you hear and ad about the upcoming Hannity about the horrors of socialized medicine. They really don't even try to hide their bias anymore.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson