By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are most games worth $50-$60, even today?

AussieGecko said:
to tedsteriscool: correct, as i said via the population word, it means amount of people in our country.

Thanks for the English lesson. As you're probably aware, we Americans are awfully unintelligent!

Around the Network

to tedsteriscool: ok way to put words in my mouth, that was directed at you. Not all americans

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AussieGecko said:
to tedsteriscool: ok way to put words in my mouth, that was directed at you. Not all americans

I just get really snappy when people respond to questions sarcastically.

For $60, I could go see 6 movies. That's at least 12 hours of entertainment.

Is it so unreasonable to ask that a $60 game at least give me that?  If a game can't at least give me that, then it isn't worth $60.

The only time I buy a game when it first comes out is if it is going to be in limited print.

Around the Network

The only game worth 60 bucks this gen was The Orange Box, actually it was worth 80 bucks to me.

tedsteriscool said:
AussieGecko said:

on the other thread, if you read it in context you will see i brought other things to it, for a system i found that sucked and still spent 1000 dollars on it, i must be pretty crazy...

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

AussieGecko said:
tedsteriscool said:
AussieGecko said:

on the other thread, if you read it in context you will see i brought other things to it, for a system i found that sucked and still spent 1000 dollars on it, i must be pretty crazy...

You must be

Not all games is worth $60 to me. Like Heavonly Sword which was a great game and fun but also short and I never replayed. I payed $45 for in 2008 use and $45 was still too much for it to me. That was the lowest price I could find at that time. It was still $60 in the stores in 2008. You can get Heavonly Sword for less than $25 now.

I will only pay $60 for a game that I know I will play for months and years. Like MGS4 and KZ2. I'm still playing those games and they was well worth $60 to me. I think Uncharted 2 and God of War 3 will be well worth $60 also.

No. Replay value and amount of content should determine the price of a game. Some games such as Fallout 3 are definitely worth $60, I've put 60 hours into the game so far.