By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft responds to Obama's put away the Xbox comment

ShadowSoldier said:
Lastgengamer said:
I wounder why he would single out the Xbox and not the other systems?

Well it is the American Made system and it's quite popular among teens and tweens probably moreso then the Wii and PS3

That makes sense.                

Around the Network

I think everyone is looking way too much into this.

He just said xbox becuase its the a gaming console that came to his mind. Nothing more, nothing less.

Lastgengamer said:
I wounder why he would single out the Xbox and not the other systems?

The Xbox 360 is very popular in the United States, especially among adolescents. If an equilavent statement was said a couple years agho it would have been to put away the Playstation.

please Mr. President

fight the war on terror
fight the war on drugs
fight the was on illteracy

BUT DO NOT FIGHT THE CONSOLE WAR

O-D-C said:
please Mr. President

fight the war on terror
fight the war on drugs
fight the was on illteracy

BUT DO NOT FIGHT THE CONSOLE WAR

I know your joking I really do but by telling parents to put away the Xbox's (And by association all other Video Game Consoles) he is trying to take away distractions that might cause illteration

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

The Xbox brand also tends to be more prolific in the African American community contained within the United States, and he has recently gone on a tear with them telling them to be more responsible for themselves. It's sorta like he's the Bill Cosby of politics. Either way, a lot of people in the lower classes of society, regardless of ancestry, have a tendency to not play an active role in their children's lives and in turn those children continue to not reach their own full potential. The only way to break the cycle is to do more for your offspring than your parents did for you, and that includes taking responsibility for their health, behavior, and learning.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

wfz said:
Euphoria14 said:
Garnett said:

This just proves that Xbox 360 is the biggest gaming system out in America,he didnt say the other two systems.

Fixed.

Remember, there are other countries out there in the world besides the US.

You mean like South Carolina and Montana?

Don't put those two states in the same sentence. South Carolina doesn't even deserve to be on the same package of M&Ms as Montana.

I do agree with Obama, parent really should control how much their kids play. People seems to miss the point that it's not video games that is bad, it's when parent let their kids play on it without limit.

Microsoft's response was a good one.

good speach,parents should do something with their kid

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"