By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'd like to ask you all something

Hey everyone. First off, I'm not trying to advertise anything, just want to get feedback.

Yesterday, my friend and I bought some websites, and got merchant rights to sell anything online. So, that left us wondering what to sell (we have up to a year to have the site go live). We are both HUGE gamers, and thought maybe selling game accessories would be a good idea. That leads me to my question. Being that everyone here are gamers, and buy game related things, are you looking for anything like that? Do you buy skins for your Wii and Wiimotes? Cases and Skins for DS? Things for PS3 and 360? We'd like to sell things for cheap, which is a real possiblity. So, if you'd please be as kind as to help me with my questions that would be great. Again, I am not trying to sell anything on the site or spam, just looking to see if I'd even have a market. Thanks!

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

Around the Network

I rarely buy accessories for my systems/games. The only exception was some Wiimote Skins on launch day, because they were cheap.

I wouldn't suggest that now, though, since Nintendo is now packaging and giving away their own skin jacket things...

Well kinda sorta....What I would by separate is already bundle in the Elite. I'm thinking about getting the 360 Vision Camera and a Rechargeable Kit, and most likely a 360 wireless headset.

For my PSP, I only bought as accessories are Gamestop Screen Protects, PSP Headset, and Memory Sticks for it, thats all the add-ons I needed.

Sweet. Things i would buy:

Any kind of gaming poster for favorite gaming icons like mario/master chief/ or kratos. For instance i bought a large samus poster a while back for my brothers room and it looks great. Cheap poster too.

A xbox 360 cooling unit or a wii cooling unit. The one thats called icy frost or something, and lits up the stand to a neon blue for the wii, is awesome. Need to get that soon.

Skins for the wii (love the bloody manhunt ones, i want) or xbox faceplates.

Bluetooth headsets. Get some

DS skins and car cable units. So u can charge it while u drive around or go on trips.

I cant think of many more but if you want some good ideas, head over to gaminglagoon.com and look at the stuff they market under rewards/gifts whatever its called. Try to get most of that stuff. 

You'd have a hard time going against big named accessory makers, but skins might be a good idea.

They'd be cheap to make and cheap to sell...the biggest issue for you would be to make some truly eye-catching, unique skins for consoles and handhelds. But if you could get to the whole Threadless-style crowd who look for unique designs and such, you might sell a fair amount...I'm no expert though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

If you are gonna sell stuff, sell them to international locations... it would be nice.

Well, I'd be drop shipping things that are already made. So it would be things you might have seen at stores, and I've seen all new stuff (like Wiimote skin with a dolphin on it). There's other cool stuff, but again, I don't want to turn into an ad. But thanks for the feedback.

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

I like the idea of themed skins and posters for certain big game releases.

And then there's stupid joke t-shirts. A lot of people seem to be making money off of those.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Are you planning to manufacturer your own goods, or sell other peoples stuff?

If you're selling other companies merchandise, I'd recommend selling games and
consoles first and foremost, but at good deals compared to places like Gamestop (a $50 game for $45, things like that).

Also, sell cables, like HDMI cables, at really cheap prices, ala Monoprice.com. You can get a nice HDMI 1.3a cable for $21 on monoprice, compared to $100 at Best Buy. Focus on cables that gamers would normally use, like HDMI or Wii component cables.

Also, sell novelty items that you would normally only find it Japan, like MGS (or other game) soundtracks, blue PSPs, and DMC action figures. You could make a killing in the niche markets.   I've been looking to pick up the LoZ: OoT soundtrack for quite some time.  POsters for upcoming games would be cool as well.

Sell things internationally, so guys in Europe etc. can get their hands on good stuff, and guys in the US can find rare Japanese imports. Just don't do anything stupid, or you'll end up like Lik-Sang.

Also, us here at VGChartz could be your first customer base (as we actually know you're legite) and could help your business get off the ground. :D