By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - OFFICIAL: 40Gb Announced!!!

Hawk said:
DMeisterJ said:
darthdevidem said:
I have to the CONCUSION of thinking that this is getting RIDICULOUS

I don't beleive sum people are considering BC more important then BLU-RAY

n the Ps3 games

I DID NOT say I don't play PS2 games just cus of the bad grfx

but what gameplay on Ps2 is there now, where the Ps3 doesn't have a game like that

FPS - Resistance

Racing - Motorstorm/dirt

RPG - Oblivion

now if your some1 who keeps playing FFX over n over again on your Ps2, it's not SONY's problem

LET GO of the ps2 now

Thank you so much for that comment, everything I have been saying is summed up by that comment.

You guys are part of the 'because graphics told me too' crowd, arn't you. Personally I think that if getting rid of BC is what allows them to make a lower price point, that's a good idea. It gives an option. An option for those that either already have a PS2 or don't care about those games that you two apparently think they need to 'let go of'. But to say BC doesn't matter at all is wrong. BC is part of the reason I decided to get a Xbox 360. Then I had access to 2 generations of xbox video games that I did not have before, I never had an original Xbox. And I bought 10 regular 'years old' xbox games right away. The lower priced non-BC PS3 is a good option to add. But don't believe that BC doesn't matter to consumers at all.
I agree with you its good with BC and 40GB is a good option if you dont want to play ps2 on your ps3. People are forgetting that they are reducing the price of the starter pack too.

Around the Network

@ Hawk

But the XBOX 360s backwards compatibility sucks. It's the whole software emulation thing (Like the 80 gig PS3) that messes games up and only certain games don't apply. And also, there weren't that many XBOX games that were that good to replay. I'm not part of the graphics told me too crowd. I'm part of the whole point of companies coming out with new stuff is so we don't have to play old and dated stuff. Do you still have your cell phone from the nineties. Sure, you liked playing snake on your Nokia phone but doesn't the iPhone (or any expensive phone) do what you want it to do. But it doesn't have snake you cry. So that means that if there is one thing you want to do on any old console, system, tv, phone, computer, etc. that the new one doesn't do what the old one does, you're not gonna upgrade?

What makes you think you can't play PS2 AND PS3 games?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Hawk said:
darthdevidem said:
@CHadius

so your saying this 40GB Ps3 will Fail because SONY listened to people n lowerd the price

BUT won't let you play OUTDATED & INFERIOR games

WHich are OBVIOUSLY MORE IMPORTANt than all that uncharted, ratchet n haze crap coming out

WII FANBOYS, the wii's doing well, I don't see why you should be worried

Inferior games? Wow. Well, if all that matters to you is newer and more powerful, then thats what matters to you. But I believe plenty of gamers don't find older games inferior.

Well said Hawk, sorry but people around here who says older games are stupid and even more PS2 games while they're still running in this generation, I've already been saying that for ow.... 5 times, I don't consider as "real gamers". I really consider you as people who think they're gamers but are only gamers because of the pretty picture which is being shown on your TV screen.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

@Hawk & Onna

For Gods sake stop twisting everything you can see

PS2 games ARE INFERIOR compared to Ps3 games

not just graphically, but in many other ways like physics....

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network

If you want to buy new PS2 AND PS3 games if makes no sense to need two systems.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Does that suddenly make them less fun because that didn't make Lair any better.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

fkusumot said:
Dodece said:
@fkusomot

Great way to take a comment out of context you get a silver star. I do not think I said that the source was wrong, or that the information was wrong. I said that the person who was a poster on another forum might be hoaxer, and that could explain their comments. Which should be obvious to anyone that read my post. The fact that there are hoaxers out there should serve as ample incentive to not reward them by doing their work for them. Those are words of wisdom nothing more. They are also common sense when it comes to the internet.

Were you posting a hoax FAQ?

YES.

Neos said:
uhu, and what part about this didn't we know already?

It was just that Sony kept denying it until now.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

DMeisterJ said:
@ Hawk

But the XBOX 360s backwards compatibility sucks. It's the whole software emulation thing (Like the 80 gig PS3) that messes games up and only certain games don't apply. And also, there weren't that many XBOX games that were that good to replay. I'm not part of the graphics told me too crowd. I'm part of the whole point of companies coming out with new stuff is so we don't have to play old and dated stuff. Do you still have your cell phone from the nineties. Sure, you liked playing snake on your Nokia phone but doesn't the iPhone (or any expensive phone) do what you want it to do. But it doesn't have snake you cry. So that means that if there is one thing you want to do on any old console, system, tv, phone, computer, etc. that the new one doesn't do what the old one does, you're not gonna upgrade?

I absolutely want to upgrade. And I am not saying there is a problem with newer and better and more powerful either. And I personally think Sony giving another option is a good idea actually. They are not getting rid of BC all together right? I'm just saying, don't think that BC doesn't matter to all consumers or to all gamers. It does affect sales.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)