By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Create your own GHIII/Rock Band song list

Okay, the purpose of this thread is to discuss two great upcoming games and to bring the VG Chartz community together by sharing our musical interets.

Here's what to do:

First, choose a game. Choose GHIII if you prefer to focusing more on guitar, and choose Rock Band if you're aiming for the complete band experience. Be sure to post which game you chose in your post. Then, start working on a list of songs for whichever game you chose. Compile them in a general list from easiest to hardest. You can further break the list down into subsections, much like GH1/2. In my list, I also chose to use the headers of each section from GH2.

That's all you need to do, however, it would be nice if you also provided links for each song that you list, so that others can hear the songs. I figure we can all share our various musical preferences and possibly open people up to new bands and genres. Be warned about my links. Most of them are crappy FMVs as it's the best I find on youtube. Some of them kick ass though.

I choose Guitar Hero III, because I'm a long time guitar player and a heavy metal addict. I'm currently majoring in guitar at UNO, actually.

My list:

Opening Licks

Boston - More Than a Feeling
Godsmack - Make Me Believe
Dethklok - Fansong

Amp Warmers

Pantera - This Love
Iced Earth - Blessed Are You
Soilwork - Soilworker's Song of the Damned

String Snappers

Nightwish - Wishmaster
Iron Maiden - Hallowed Be Thy Name
Ozzy Osbourne - Flying High Again

Thrash and Burn

Bruce Dickinson - Power of the Sun
Kamelot - When the Lights Are Down
Blind Guardian - The Curse of Feanor

Return of the Shred

Demons & Wizards - Terror Train
Metallica - Battery
Amon Amarth - Black Birds Cry

Furious Fretwork

DragonForce - Black Winter Night
In Flames - Swim
Dark Tranquillity - Mind Matters

Face-Melters

Arch Enemy - Nemesis
Children of Bodom - Children of Decadence
Sinergy - Passage to the Reaper (Vivaldi gone metal, lol)

Even if you ignore every other music video on my list, you at least have to check out Nightwish's Wishmaster. The lyrics will be in your head for a week! :P

Around the Network

For GHIII:

Great solo's:

Jimi Page - Stairway to heaven (Led Zeppelin)
Eddie van Halen - Beat it (Michael Jackson)
Slash - November Rain final (Guns & Roses)
Jimi Hendrix - All along the Watchtower
Tom Morello - Like a stone (Audioslave)
Chad Taylor - Graze (Live)

Licks:

Andy Summers - Message in a bottle (the Police)
Slash - Sweet Child o Mine intro (Guns & Roses)
Eddie van Halen - Ain't talking 'bout love (Van Halen)
Richie Sambora - You give love a bad name (Bon Jovi)
Steve Lukather - Beat it (Michael Jackson)
David Immerglück - Hanginaround (Counting Crows)

"Achy Breaky Heart", Billy Ray Cyrus
"My Heart Will Go On", Celine Dion
"My Humps", Black Eyed Peas
"Common People", William Shatner or any other song from "Has Been"
"Dick in a Box", Andy Samberg featuring Justin Timberlake
"Macarena", LOS DEL RIO
"Ice, Ice Baby", VANILLA ICE
Anything from K-Fed
"MMMBop", Hanson Brothers

What?

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

I always figured Soilwork's "Grand Failure Anthem" would be an excellent song to unlock after failing songs 50 times or so. Just notice how evil the chorus would be turned into Guitar Hero.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Fuzzmosis said:
I always figured Soilwork's "Grand Failure Anthem" would be an excellent song to unlock after failing songs 50 times or so. Just notice how evil the chorus would be turned into Guitar Hero.

Great choice!  Good to see fellow Soilwork fans on here. m/

You don't by any chance use Last.Fm, do you? 

Around the Network

Wow, In Flames, Dark Tranquility... where's At the Gates?

This game doesn't interest me at all so I don't really care, but if they had an all punk version, I might consider buying it (real old school punk, not this newer Green Day / Blink 182 type stuff).

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

At the Gates is still probably waiting patiently outside.

I was also going to nominate Dethklok (After watching the Episode with the dying little girl playing Guitar for Tolki with a Guitar Hero controller) but you apparently have them. Best Heavy Metal joke band since Spinal Tap!

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Fuzzmosis said:
At the Gates is still probably waiting patiently outside.

I was also going to nominate Dethklok (After watching the Episode with the dying little girl playing Guitar for Tolki with a Guitar Hero controller) but you apparently have them. Best Heavy Metal joke band since Spinal Tap!

Yeah, Metalocalypse kicks ass.

I don't really know much At the Gates, tbh. I try to limit my downloading (knowing what it's like to be a struggling musician) and haven't scrounged up the money to buy any of their albums yet.

Edit:  Surprisingly, I know a good bit about them as a band, i just don't know much of their actual music. 

1) youtube. I think I was actually at this show (not my video).

2) just get the album Slaughter of the Soul.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

I'll pick that one up next. ^^

I just got Pyramaze's Melancholy Beast in the mail today, and Amon Amarth's Versus the World on Tuesday. Gotta love Amazon. :D