By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I've been looking through the qualifiers of Europe. PErsonally, these are the most surprising teams who apparantly are not going to make it by current points:

Portugal
Czech Republic
Romania

I can taste Ronaldo's bitter tears all the way over here.

Edit: trashleg, I do hope that Scotland manages to beat out Moldavia in the end and manages to qualify :)

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network

Lol why did he call up Boca players like Battaglia and Palermo? lol.

Because they're good? He called lots of players from here, Otamendi, Dominguez and Papa from Velez, Salvio from Lanus, Verón from Estudiantes...

Palermo scored a lot of goals lately, and he plays in a position where Argentina doesn't have many good players (just look how many crosses we made yesterday to no one), and Battaglia has consistently been Boca's best player during the last tournaments. Hardly anyone could dispute those callups. Besides, one was injured and the other didn't make the bench, so it's not like they influenced much in the outcome

He didn't call anyone that's playing for River now since everybody knows River has been doing so suckily now that no player is good enough to be called. But he said he'll call Ortega (the only one who's playing good)

Honestly, I don't understand where you're going. I mean, sure, he has some horrible calls (please someone explain me how Heinze is a starter), but saying he only calls Boca players is nothing sort of ridiculous

zexen_lowe said:
Because they're good? He called lots of players from here, Otamendi, Dominguez and Papa from Velez, Salvio from Lanus, Verón from Estudiantes...

Palermo scored a lot of goals lately, and he plays in a position where Argentina doesn't have many good players (just look how many crosses we made yesterday to no one), and Battaglia has consistently been Boca's best player during the last tournaments. Hardly anyone could dispute those callups. Besides, one was injured and the other didn't make the bench, so it's not like they influenced much in the outcome

He didn't call anyone that's playing for River now since everybody knows River has been doing so suckily now that no player is good enough to be called. But he said he'll call Ortega (the only one who's playing good)

Honestly, I don't understand where you're going. I mean, sure, he has some horrible calls (please someone explain me how Heinze is a starter), but saying he only calls Boca players is nothing sort of ridiculous

Agree with this post, Argentina doesnt have many players like Palermo. Other thing is that River doesnt have any argentinian player that is so good to be in their national team, Ortega is very good, but he is old and they have more players in that position.

Anyway, Maradona is the worst coach possible, and I think thats the reason Messi is doing nothing, I could suspect the only thing he says to the players is something like: Guys, give it to Messi and watch out with Kaka and Luis Fabiano. That and cheer them, I think, and it seems by the goals they recieve, that they dont even practice the stopped balls.

Brazil also showed the great players that they have and that Dunga is way superior to Maradona as a coach, we will have a very hard match against them on wednesday even if they dont have Kaka, Luis Fabiano, Lucio and Robinho, becuase they have good players everywhere.

Argentina has a hard match but Paraguay isnt playing well on the last matches, so if they play normally maybe they should win.

Higuain > Palermo...

Riquelme > Battaglia

But unfortunatley Maradona fucked both these players... Also what happend to Cambiasso and Lucho Gonzalez...

Around the Network
CaptainPrefrences said:
Higuain > Palermo...

Riquelme > Battaglia

But unfortunatley Maradona fucked both these players... Also what happend to Cambiasso and Lucho Gonzalez...

Now that mention it... what happened with Cambiasso?

Let's see. Riquelme, as everybody knows, had a huge fight with Maradona because Diego said publicly in TV that he wasn't happy with how he was playing without telling him before, and Roman got angry. Quite understandable, and a big fuck up by Maradona. Specially when Román is THE player...but well, he won't come back as long as Diego is coach. Maybe he doesn't wanna be part of this EPIC FAIL

Higuain, they say some players (I've heard a rumor that Heinze) do not want him called up, and they convinced Diego of it. I dunno why he's not called, but still, it's not the same type of player as Palermo, Higuain is more like Aguero or Tevez. I agree he should be called, at least in the place of the good-for-nothing Aguero, but comparing him to Palermo makes no sense

Cambiasso hasn't been called lately, maybe because his last performances with the Seleccion were nothing less than HORRIBLE. Lucho was called a couple of times, I think. Still, first Diego should drop some players, like Heinze, Zanetti and Maxi Rodriguez ASAP, they can't play at this level...

zexen_lowe said:
Let's see. Riquelme, as everybody knows, had a huge fight with Maradona because Diego said publicly in TV that he wasn't happy with how he was playing without telling him before, and Roman got angry. Quite understandable, and a big fuck up by Maradona. Specially when Román is THE player...but well, he won't come back as long as Diego is coach. Maybe he doesn't wanna be part of this EPIC FAIL

Higuain, they say some players (I've heard a rumor that Heinze) do not want him called up, and they convinced Diego of it. I dunno why he's not called, but still, it's not the same type of player as Palermo, Higuain is more like Aguero or Tevez. I agree he should be called, at least in the place of the good-for-nothing Aguero, but comparing him to Palermo makes no sense

Cambiasso hasn't been called lately, maybe because his last performances with the Seleccion were nothing less than HORRIBLE. Lucho was called a couple of times, I think. Still, first Diego should drop some players, like Heinze, Zanetti and Maxi Rodriguez ASAP, they can't play at this level...

Seems like Maradona is like another player and not the coach, anyway, he really fucked up by fighting with riquelme, he saved argentina in a lot of matches with his free kicks and great passes.

pastro243 said:
zexen_lowe said:

Seems like Maradona is like another player and not the coach, anyway, he really fucked up by fighting with riquelme, he saved argentina in a lot of matches with his free kicks and great passes.

I think he's still the top Argentinian goalscorer in this qualifiers...and he played, what...5 matches?

it shouldn't matter what team argentina put out....they should still be in the top 4/5 of the qualifying group........just like all the main teams from world football.....not qualifying is a disaster......

Above & Beyond