By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Poor Uruguay, looks like no WC for them again

Around the Network

Just imagine Zexen, both Portugal and Argentina could be out of the WC...although I think you'll qualify.

zexen_lowe said:
Poor Uruguay, looks like no WC for them again

i'll be watching it.....

i asked earlier.....if argentina don't qualify...won't that be the biggest upset ever......i mean surely you will get 5th and beat some team from the concaf......it's not possible for brasil or the argies to not qualify for the world cup......is it....in the current format.....

although you seem to be making a good go of it.......i know the argies are not a bad side,so the other south american teams must of upped their game this time round.......

by the way maradona is the best player there has ever been in my football watching life.....thats what me and my friend think anyway......so don't be too hard on him.....

i rememeber watching england v argentina in the azteca on TV in 1986.......one of the best things i've ever seen.....classic.....good luck

Above & Beyond

Please, I ask you to not use the term "argies", I know you didn't mean it offensively, but to me it's a very derogatory term that I hate reading

zexen_lowe said:
Please, I ask you to not use the term "argies", I know you didn't mean it offensively, but to me it's a very derogatory term that I hate reading

no i didn't mean anything ......why is it offensive.....forgive my ignorance........,how do i shorten argentina.......what do you call the national side in spanish....?

it's hard to know what to say being english,everything we say seems to offend someone......

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:
zexen_lowe said:

no i didn't mean anything ......why is it offensive.....forgive my ignorance........,how do i shorten argentina.......what do you call the national side in spanish....?

it's hard to know what to say being english,everything we say seems to offend someone......

Yeah, I figured out, that's why I told you. Don't worry, I'm not offended, I know you didn't mean it, I would have reported it otherwise. The term doesn't have a particular meaning, it's just an abbreviation, but was coined as a way to be derogative. In a sense, it's very similar to "jap", it's just an abbreviation that now is very offensive. It was used a lot in the (stupid, unnecesary) war in 1982 as a slur.

About our national team, we call it simply "La Selección" (The National Team), I know it's not too short, but I can't think of any other name we give to it

uh oh.....!

Above & Beyond

double uh oh..!

Above & Beyond

They are bottling it big time...I envisage Maradona escaping through the tunnel half way through the second half.

Bye bye Diego

Bye bye Heinze

Bye bye WC

Haha, that 0-5 I predicted doesn't look too weird now....oh, well, what can you expect with this team and this coach