By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

yep well done city and aguero,great goal i didn't see dzekos goal,spurs won but so did the arsenal so i am a big bayern fan now

Above & Beyond

Around the Network

such a dramatic game

amazing!!!

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Juventus completed a fabulos season today. Seen Del Piero and Pipo inzaghi retiring today was a little bit sad though.

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

menx64 said:
Juventus completed a fabulos season today. Seen Del Piero and Pipo inzaghi retiring today was a little bit sad though.

At least they scored, it was a nice ending.

Merson's reaction pretty much resonated with every neutral and City fan across the nation, in fact the world.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

Around the Network

Same old England team, 1 new face and a bunch dead weights. No Carrick, best English midfielder this season. No Richards, best rightback (no Walker either mind you, is he injured?). Defoe over Sturridge.

Barry but no Adam Johnson. Barry should be no where near the squad.

Seems Roy has given in to the washed up old guys when we need young players who will fight for their team spot like they have been all season not injured and unless players who get in because they are always chosen and treat it as a right not a privilege.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
Same old England team, 1 new face and a bunch dead weights. No Carrick, best English midfielder this season. No Richards, best rightback (no Walker either mind you, is he injured?). Defoe over Sturridge.

Barry but no Adam Johnson. Barry should be no where near the squad.

Seems Roy has given in to the washed up old guys when we need young players who will fight for their team spot like they have been all season not injured and unless players who get in because they are always chosen and treat it as a right not a privilege.

Agree with you on Carrick, can't believe he isn't even on standby and Jordan Henderson is. Walker  is injured, yes. Not sure about Richards, he's good and all but his positioning isn't great and shape is something Hodgson seems to value. I suppose there has to be a reason successive managers haven't valued him all that highly.

Barry should go, he's been good this season.

Downing is the only one that I really think is an absolutely terrible decision. 36 games, 0 goals, 0 assists. He couldn't have had a worse season. Lennon or A Johnson instead of him.

Then, as you point out, there's the "golden generation". I think Terry ahead of Rio was the right decision and I don't think the other centre halves are better than him so he got it right at the back, I think. I'd leave Gerrard at home, hasn't had a great season. Carrick instead of him.

Up front I'm really not sure. Obviously Rooney and Welbeck. I don't like Sturridge. Would be good for England to have his pace but he just gets everything so wrong all the time. I'd stick with Defoe, not that I like him that much, just don't think there's a better alternative. Then there's Big Andy. Him, Holt or Crouch, since Hodgson was always going to bring a big lad. You can make arguments for and against all of them but I think he got it right here by bringing the youngest one, despite his shitness this season. Overall, almost as good a squad as he had available I think, except for maybe one or two changes. I look forward to being proven wrong though.

kennyrester said:

Agree with you on Carrick, can't believe he isn't even on standby and Jordan Henderson is. Walker  is injured, yes. Not sure about Richards, he's good and all but his positioning isn't great and shape is something Hodgson seems to value. I suppose there has to be a reason successive managers haven't valued him all that highly.

Barry should go, he's been good this season.

Downing is the only one that I really think is an absolutely terrible decision. 36 games, 0 goals, 0 assists. He couldn't have had a worse season. Lennon or A Johnson instead of him.

Then, as you point out, there's the "golden generation". I think Terry ahead of Rio was the right decision and I don't think the other centre halves are better than him so he got it right at the back, I think. I'd leave Gerrard at home, hasn't had a great season. Carrick instead of him.

Up front I'm really not sure. Obviously Rooney and Welbeck. I don't like Sturridge. Would be good for England to have his pace but he just gets everything so wrong all the time. I'd stick with Defoe, not that I like him that much, just don't think there's a better alternative. Then there's Big Andy. Him, Holt or Crouch, since Hodgson was always going to bring a big lad. You can make arguments for and against all of them but I think he got it right here by bringing the youngest one, despite his shitness this season. Overall, almost as good a squad as he had available I think, except for maybe one or two changes. I look forward to being proven wrong though.

I'm just tired of the same old set. Some of our younger players have more drive and pace than people like Barry. We've practically got the same starting line up for 2010 and we were appaling in that not matter how well we did in the qualifying against weaker opponents.

Adam Johnson, Micah Richards and Carrick should be in. i think Micah Richards as he's been a good player for Man City, strong and fast, which you'll need at international level, he's used to dealing with people like Bale after all. I agree Holt would have been a nice choie, not only for Holt himself who should be given a chance.

Also, Dalglish has left Liverpool. 

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
kennyrester said:

I'm just tired of the same old set. Some of our younger players have more drive and pace than people like Barry. We've practically got the same starting line up for 2010 and we were appaling in that not matter how well we did in the qualifying against weaker opponents.

Adam Johnson, Micah Richards and Carrick should be in. i think Micah Richards as he's been a good player for Man City, strong and fast, which you'll need at international level, he's used to dealing with people like Bale after all. I agree Holt would have been a nice choie, not only for Holt himself who should be given a chance.

Also, Dalglish has left Liverpool. 

Ah Kenny. Had to happen really. A manager has to be judged by the players he brings in, and in his case they were, almost to a man, muck. I wonder how the hardcore Liverpool fans will respond. With good grace and dignity I expect. 

kennyrester said:

Ah Kenny. Had to happen really. A manager has to be judged by the players he brings in, and in his case they were, almost to a man, muck. I wonder how the hardcore Liverpool fans will respond. With good grace and dignity I expect. 

He got them to their first trophy in years but finished well below par, based on their team and money spent. Changes needed to be made and he was the one who needed to be changed.

Hmm, pie.