By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Wow the goal scorer was only 22cm offside. 0.22m = 22cm. Around 9 inches. 

To the naked eye he did not look offside. 

The offside rule is BS. Hockey did away with the offside rule and that game is better than ever. Two referees, one in each half. 

Get rid of the offside rule it is absolute crap. More goals will be scored and the game would be a lot better for spectators. The low scoring game of soccer is so boring. The penalty shoot out is the only part of the match worth watching. 

Around the Network

Football offside rule is absolute crap it makes the game so friggin boring and low scoring. Cut the offside rule and more goals will be scored. The fans have to fight, set of flares, play the crappy vuvuzelas because the game is so friggin boring to watch. Half of these football games are lucky to see more than one or two goals scored in 90 or 120 minutes. 

IMO a 30 second shot clock would be a good move. No 2 or 3 minutes passing the ball back and forth holding possession and boring the crowd. No passing the ball back into your defensive half from your attacking half. It kind of pointless is a stupid time wasting tactic. Absolute crap sport to watch. 

The crowd should be booing the players for time wasting and not trying to score goals. The game needs to speed up a lot and make the game more entertaining. Teams need to stop wasting time and boring the crowd and spectators. More shots on goal and more goals will be scored if the stupid offside rule is removed. 

PS3beats360 said:

Football offside rule is absolute crap it makes the game so friggin boring and low scoring. Cut the offside rule and more goals will be scored. The fans have to fight, set of flares, play the crappy vuvuzelas because the game is so friggin boring to watch. Half of these football games are lucky to see more than one or two goals scored in 90 or 120 minutes. 

IMO a 30 second shot clock would be a good move. No 2 or 3 minutes passing the ball back and forth holding possession and boring the crowd. No passing the ball back into your defensive half from your attacking half. It kind of pointless is a stupid time wasting tactic. Absolute crap sport to watch. 

The crowd should be booing the players for time wasting and not trying to score goals. The game needs to speed up a lot and make the game more entertaining. Teams need to stop wasting time and boring the crowd and spectators. More shots on goal and more goals will be scored if the stupid offside rule is removed. 

no

I dont agree with the offside thing, I think its good and if you have played football you know it sucks when a guy waits behind the defense to run for a crazy shot and score, no fun in that, and having goals each moment would suck if they dont mean a challenge.

A good thing in football is that a goal means a lot, thats why you scream like hell when your team scores.

So it should be a goal because the offside rule is BS ?

Well I say that the rule which says the game starts at 0-0 is BS. Games should always start at 1-0 for Portugal when we're playing.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

why are we playing on two goals? game would be so much more exciting if all players try to shoot on the same goal - no more midfield

So much BS being spread around here regarding football rules. Offside was pretty much one of the best introduced rules in football, mainly to stop striker and forwards to just constantly wait near the GK to score a goal.

Football is not meant to be a super high scoring sport, is meant to value each goal scored. And that's why irregular goals have also a bigger negative impact. 

As for the comments regarding that red card. If every intention in a football game was awarded a red card, every single game would end with less than 7 players for each side. Also, there's a rule in football that punishes simulation of aggression with a yellow card. I guess that doesn't exist in some cases, seeing that the Spanish players have successfully simulated twice to get two players expelled. As for the David Villa punch, there's nothing else to say. It's Spain, they can get away with it.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

So much BS being spread around here regarding football rules. Offside was pretty much one of the best introduced rules in football, mainly to stop striker and forwards to just constantly wait near the GK to score a goal.

Football is not meant to be a super high scoring sport, is meant to value each goal scored. And that's why irregular goals have also a bigger negative impact. 

As for the comments regarding that red card. If every intention in a football game was awarded a red card, every single game would end with less than 7 players for each side. Also, there's a rule in football that punishes simulation of aggression with a yellow card. I guess that doesn't exist in some cases, seeing that the Spanish players have successfully simulated twice to get two players expelled. As for the David Villa punch, there's nothing else to say. It's Spain, they can get away with it.

Pretty much this. A large treasured factor of football is the tension that is created, having constantly high scoring games would rip the soul out of beautiful game. Also as you may know (or not ) I have said previously that I am a great hater of the simulation "skill" that seems to be constantly adopted by certain countries. Everybody knows who these countries are and it's reaching frustration point how grown men throw themselves to the floor with the slightest bit of contact. Then, roll around the floor in order to get the player sent off. Spain last night were a prime example of this. It also gives ammunition to football haters who all delcare that footballers act like small girls and are pansies.

Off Topic.....but does anyone know how to tell how long a ban is?

Lafiel said:

why are we playing on two goals? game would be so much more existing if all players try to shoot on the same goal - no more midfield

We actually used to play like that back in school sometimes (when there was no space for a full field). You'd just go to the end of the field and then come back when you gained ball possession.

And yes, it did mean that the goalkeeper played for both teams :)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
Lafiel said:

why are we playing on two goals? game would be so much more existing if all players try to shoot on the same goal - no more midfield

We actually used to play like that back in school sometimes (when there was no space for a full field). You'd just go to the end of the field and then come back when you gained ball possession.

And yes, it did mean that the goalkeeper played for both teams :)

Yea, we also play(ed) on 1 goal sometimes. Usualy when only like 5 of us were there. So basicaly 2v2 goalkeeper. He'd always throw the ball over his head while facing the goal and we didn't really have any rules about going back after gaining the ball possession.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."