By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
jonop said:

Portugal were unlucky with the Spanish goal, but they showed no intention to score a goal themselves, so I think Spain deserved the win.

I guess you're forgetting that Portugal had the most chances to score on the first half? Even the official FIFA stats showed that. 

Bah screw this, i'm done arguing. Everybody got what they wanted.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
okr said:
pastro243 said:

I have my doubts with the goal, sucks if its offside.

It was offside, but only very close and hard to see in real time. You can't blame the referee team here. Close offside goals like this happen every weekend in every league.

weird tho, was it my channel or there were no enough replays for it on every channel? noob question I know...

jonop said:

Portugal were unlucky with the Spanish goal, but they showed no intention to score a goal themselves, so I think Spain deserved the win.

Did you not see the first half? Portugal created plenty of chances to score.

The second half, on the other hand... that was 50-50 until Spain scored, and then it was just over.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

What happened with the replays btw? I didn't see either a convincing replay that the goal wasn't offside, or that the red card was actually deserved.

Does FIFA have a say in what gets replayed or not, perchance?

I did just mean the second half I wasn't properly watching the first half. They just defended the whole time in the second half. 

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

What happened with the replays btw? I didn't see either a convincing replay that the goal wasn't offside, or that the red card was actually deserved.

On www.Tvgolo.com there's the replay of the offside goal. About the red card, they showed some replays on RTP1 that clearly showed the Spanish player faking on the ground. He even looked at the referee before doing an expression of pain and that he had been touched. It was even more laughable than Torres dive against Chile.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

NJ5 said:

see my question before yours, is that how now how they are gonna hide the shit? it's fucking smelly fishy.

lestatdark said:
NJ5 said:

On www.Tvgolo.com there's the replay of the offside goal. About the red card, they showed some replays on RTP1 that clearly showed the Spanish player faking on the ground. He even looked at the referee before doing an expression of pain and that he had been touched. It was even more laughable than Torres dive against Chile.

Yeah I saw the video you embedded. Does that Spanish player actually pass the ball when David Villa was offside, or does the ball just pass near him? That's the only thing I wasn't sure about, probably because it's a bit low-res.

sad.man.loves.vgc said:
okr said:
pastro243 said:

I have my doubts with the goal, sucks if its offside.

It was offside, but only very close and hard to see in real time. You can't blame the referee team here. Close offside goals like this happen every weekend in every league.

weird tho, was it my channel or there were no enough replays for it on every channel? noob question I know...

There weren't enough official replays, that's correct. German TV showed with an extra slomo after the game that it was offside. I couldn't see the offside in real time.

sad.man.loves.vgc said:
NJ5 said:

see my question before yours, is that how now how they are gonna hide the shit? it's fucking smelly fishy.

You see, it far more profitable for them to have the current worldwide favourite teams (Spain is UEFA's new daddy little girl, mainly because that it's comprised by the majority of the Barcelona team), than to have fairly average renowned on the final stages of the tournament. It's all about the money. 

Heck, I'm pretty sure no one will give a damn about the two extremely crappy referee decisions. Had them been against Spain or Argentina, FIFA would have hell to pay

Current PC Build