By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

spain vs portugal is a good final

Around the Network
playnext3 said:

spain vs portugal is a good final

Yup, I just hope both teams play an offensive game. 

There have been too many Final-Quality match-ups in the early stages of elimination. I bet there's going to be a Holland - Brazil too, in the quarter-finals. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Holland - Brazil is almost certain. Holland seems to have been vastly under-rated in most of these discussions. They have done really well so far. Even came out the top spot in the "group of death." Mind you, I think that label is a bunch of crap in this tournament, but I heard a couple commentators reference it which counts for something small at the least. More impressive is the fact that they are one of two teams to win all their group matches, and only allow 1 goal. The other team, Argentina, is getting talked up quite a bit

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Gnizmo said:

Holland - Brazil is almost certain. Holland seems to have been vastly under-rated in most of these discussions. They have done really well so far. Even came out the top spot in the "group of death." Mind you, I think that label is a bunch of crap in this tournament, but I heard a couple commentators reference it which counts for something small at the least. More impressive is the fact that they are one of two teams to win all their group matches, and only allow 1 goal. The other team, Argentina, is getting talked up quite a bit

Actually, most descriptions I've seen around for the "group of death" was for group H, where Brazil, Ivory Coast and Portugal were. In sheer quality, those three teams together surpass Holland, Japan, Denmark and Cameroon. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

Actually, most descriptions I've seen around for the "group of death" was for group H, where Brazil, Ivory Coast and Portugal were. In sheer quality, those three teams together surpass Holland, Japan, Denmark and Cameroon. 

You are right. Man what a brain fart on my part. I still say there was no real group of death this time around.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

It's going to be interesting how Chile does again Brazil.

xKakashi209x said:

It's going to be interesting how Chile does again Brazil.

They are probably gonna kick our asses like they do always, but I think it will be a fun match, and if we, by miracle, win, that will be the time I will do something crazy after a football match.

Somehow, Brazil, even if their previous match was something like a draw with Canada or they say their players are bad at the moment, manage to score more than 3 goals against us.

This time around, if Paraguay pulls a good stunt, I can see four South American teams in the semi finals.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

England fell to pieces in the second half. They pressed too hard and were tired by relentlessly chasing the elusive equaliser. Germany scored two counter attack goals in second half.  England  thrashed 4-, but  it was a closer match than that friggin score line.

The match will be remembered for the disallowed goal. What could of been. The romantic idea that England could of won the World Cup will live on forever just like previous failures at World Curp tournaments.

To the naked eye the Lampard goal was two yards behind the goal line. A clear goal. It did not even feauture in the highlight reel. Absolute crap officials have spoiled the World Cup with mistake after mistake in every single match. 

2 all and it would of been a closer match. England would of lead 3-2 at half time, they would of scored another goal. What could of, should of been.

Gnizmo said:
lestatdark said:

You are right. Man what a brain fart on my part. I still say there was no real group of death this time around.

I agree with you, pretty much there wasn't a group with three or four definite candidates to go through. 

Current PC Build