By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone think Codemasters may go Bankrupt?

I hope not cause they make really fun racing games.  But i think Overlord 2 should do decently, and Dirt 2 will probably net them some money.

Around the Network

That's what happens when you make games that are generally passable. Sadly, devs have to sell a lot more this gen than before to make up for their massive dev budgets :(

considering all games they publish are crap, i cant really say i'm sad sorry i forgot Overlord, well aside from that all is crap

I doubt it, look at "FromSoftware" they've become a relatively mainstream gaming dev comapny now and there going strong.

Codemasters should become Full console gaming devs because there PC games suck.

*sees that Two Worlds 2 is still coming out*

Well I mean it would save one tragedy now wouldn't it haha.

But I hope they don't. Still a pretty decent developer.

Around the Network

I think their crap games are offset by the few gems they release (IE Dirt 2) so they should be ok. If they can get enough suckers to buy their crappy games that helps to.

But Damnation was a huge disappointment, I thought the game would be decent!

It's just that simple.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
I doubt it, look at "FromSoftware" they've become a relatively mainstream gaming dev comapny now and there going strong.

According to Wikipedia, FromSoftware have only developed 3 games this yr & only 2 of those were also published by them (Ninja Blade & Tenchu).  I woudn't exactly call that mainstream.  Considering they've only published 2 titles, both of which have bombed, they are another publisher that I don't think will be around for too much longer.

arsenal009 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

According to Wikipedia, FromSoftware have only developed 3 games this yr & only 2 of those were also published by them (Ninja Blade & Tenchu).  I woudn't exactly call that mainstream.  Considering they've only published 2 titles, both of which have bombed, they are another publisher that I don't think will be around for too much longer.

its taken a lot longer then 1 year for some companies to bust, especially if they budgeted for it, who says they dont have something coming out this year, hence the lean this year... just a thought.

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

arsenal009 said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

Tenchu Z sold 330k on the 360 was more then the Wii and PSP counterparts? How is that a bomb?

Ninja Blade is at 130k but I've seen worst. It would probably do more in the long run when price drops hit outside of Target clearance.

It's just that simple.

RolStoppable said:
Colin McRae DiRT 2 should make them some money. But if they mess up the Wii version, they can go to hell.

They already did. No online, sub PS2 graphics, who knows what else?