By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I got a wii, zelda twilight has sword slashing with wii mote... any others?

KylieDog said:
tehsage said:
imarc said:
No More Heroes

thank you.

i was going to just post that but i'm glad someone else already has

just to be sure

no more heroes

I take it neither of you have actually played No More Heroes then?

For OP:  You Press the A button to swing the katana, you don't swing wiimote like in Zelda.

true - you dont swing your sword for every attack you do. however - you do swing it for every finisher (unless you use the nubby wrestlin grapples), so it still ends up coming up very often. in fact i prefer this system - lets me get my desire to swing out of the way without exausting me as much. so i'd still reccomend it for swing happy players.

i mean, the case for no more heroes ends up more being if he likes the style of humor from the game more than the desire to swing really.

and along the same idea of finishers being motion based - madworld would also be an excellent accompanyment. its not entirely motion based but the finishers and certain actions (such as quicktime events in other games) are, so its definitely worth a look.

um..stuff

Around the Network

I personaly had fun to slash my way through Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers.

Other games with swords, which are not already mentioned:

Dragon Quest Swords (First Person View ... I think it uses the IR-Pointer to detect your sword motion)
Soul Calibur Legend (I didn't like this one, but only because of the boss fight ...)
Samurai Warriors: Katana (First person view. Hated the Sword fight in this game. Played mainly with a spear.)
Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire (Haven't played it enough yet, to recommend it)
Sonic and the Black Knight (Liked it.)
Lego Star Wars (Megan Fox approves this)

hentai_11 said:

Dragon Quest Swords (First Person View ... I think it uses the IR-Pointer to detect your sword motion)
Soul Calibur Legend (I didn't like this one, but only because of the boss fight ...)
Samurai Warriors: Katana (First person view. Hated the Sword fight in this game. Played mainly with a spear.)

so above mentioned are all wiimote slashers? as opposed to button pressing

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

tehsage said:
imarc said:
No More Heroes

thank you.

i was going to just post that but i'm glad someone else already has

just to be sure

no more heroes

you forgot to mention the new the new the new

what was i talking about again oh yeah

the new the new sword fighting with motion plus capabilty the new the new

NO MORE HEROES: DESPERATE STRUGGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aka known as no more heroes2

╔╦╦╗╔╦╗
║║║║╠╬╣
║║║║║║║ WOULD LIKE TO PLAY!!
╚══╝╚╩╝         

AussieGecko said:
hentai_11 said:

As far as I remember those I mentioned should all work with movements instead of button presses. (Lego Star Wars offers Button Presses and Movement.) However you should read some reviews of the games to check if they fit your preferences.

Around the Network
hentai_11 said:
AussieGecko said:
hentai_11 said:

As far as I remember those I mentioned should all work with movements instead of button presses. (Lego Star Wars offers Button Presses and Movement.) However you should read some reviews of the games to check if they fit your preferences.

Cheers, its just there are 3 reasons i bought the wii wii, 1. Zelda 2. The new mario (SMG) looks sick and the newer one would be cooler 3. MOTION CONTROL, hence cant wait till good ole natal for my first purchase console :)

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

If you want to play another game with Wii controls and a sword, you can pick up Dragon Quest Swords. However, just like every other game on the Wii before Wii Motion Plus, the controls aren't perfect.

Six upcoming games you should look into: