By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - GOT MY 360 BACK!!!

I just got my 360 back. It was hell to get it because apperantly purolator forgot to phone me letting me know that my 360 arrived last week. That caused problems because if I didn't pick up my console today they would sent it back to microsoft and they would charge me to ship it back. Anyway today I phoned microsoft and I asked for the tracking number and they gave it. Then I called purolator and I asked them about the status of my console, they then replied by telling me they had it for a while and today was the last day to pick it up. So then I quickly wrote down the address of the place my 360 was at and I left. Anyway I got lost and it took me 45 minutes to find the place. Eventually I went home and I set up the xbox.

It was a new console, new serial and everything. First thing I noticed was that it didn't have a hdmi port, which was fine but it would have been nice to get one. Im guessing they probably just modified one of the cores and sent it. Also my console has the new BENQ drive which is ALOT quitter than the Hitachi drive I previously had. The biggest news of all is that I received a north american console; my previous one was Japanese because I bought one which was new and cheap off ebay. Anyway I'm glad that I got a North american console because before I couldn't play any EA games because they were all region locked and now I can play old xbox titles & region 1 dvds on my console as well.

Anyway I'm off to play Fable: Lost Chapters and btw I received a one month subscription to xbox live gold.

Around the Network

Congrats :)

yah i had to send mine away in the spring, i sent it on a tuesday and picked it up on thursday, turnaround time is the shit in Canada. I was going to call and bitch microsoft out but then i also got a free months gold so i decided not to

Currently Playing:

Xbox 360 - Rock Band, NHL 08, Skate, Halo 3, Mass Effect

Wii - Mario Galaxy

@Adam540

Yea, took me a month to get my console back and purolator didn't help with matters either. BTW Welcome to Vgchartz. Nice to see a fellow Canadian.

mine took nearly 2 month to get back to me, and its all new but has the old dvd drive so its still loud, but no complaint caz microsoft got it back in time to play halo and got the month free xbox live

Around the Network

See my launch console was actually pretty quite and never got too hot. But the one I got back is sooo loud and sooo hot. I dunno what happened there.

Currently Playing:

Xbox 360 - Rock Band, NHL 08, Skate, Halo 3, Mass Effect

Wii - Mario Galaxy