By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - metroid prime trilogy

I loved Prime 3, but found the entire experience exhausting. I can't imagine playing through all of that again. However, since I've never played 1 or 2, I'll be buying the trilogy and I'm sure I'll find the intestinal fortitude to play 3 again.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network

Light suit doesn't look ugly, that's your opinion. Multiplayer crap? Better then not having one...

Metroid isn't about action, that's what I hate about prime3. It's more of an fps then an adventure game. Metroid is about isolation, you sure as hell don't get that from prime 3. Metroid prime 2 has a deep story, prime 3 hardly has one...

Prime 1 and prime 2 are far better metroids then prime 3. Prime 3 is more of a fps... Like I said, the weakest metroid prime of them all. The closest metroid prime gets to a bad game is prime 3. Voice acting ruined everything anyway... You just didn't feel like you were isolated from everyone. Metroid prime 3 was also far too easy. You might think I hate metroid prime 3 now, but it's still an AAA game to me. Just not as good as prime 1 and prime 2. I think hardcore metroid fans will agree with me on this. I've played all metroids, I like the 3d ones over the 2d oens though. I think most hardcore metroid fans like the 2d ones more, but I don't know.

Nah, corruption was just boring at times and way too easy. And what the hell was up with the smaller world? I probably shouldn't trust you though >_>

i've played most metroids, with the exeption of hunters and pinball in the ds, and i like prime 3 because it offered a change and not the same space station/virus that imposibiltates you and leaves you with nothing.

did phazon mines feel isolated? a place where there is actual activity of the pirate race. did metroid fusion feel isolated at all? can you actually die in fusion? normal and veteran are a kids walk in prime 3, but hyper is a whole new story, bosses done perfectly take a lot to beat, even more than they did in prime 1 which actually was very easy save for the anoyance of having to tap L to keep changing targets and then reubicate the boss, while in prime 3 i can just point at the balls of energy without ever loosing site. anyways, voice acting was necesary, in todays game people don't want to see polygons move their mouth an have text pop up with lots of !!!!¡¡¡¡, but they want the actual feeling and expression of the words.

I never waited in safety bubbles, I even did the game without dark suit(I did use the bubbles then). The fact that you suck doesn't make a game bad. Prime 1 had the advantage of a better story, design art, better metroid then metroid prime 3. Have you even played it?

Please people don't talk BS on how hyper mode is hard, play MP2 on hard mode. NOW THATS HARD. I'm starting to doubt that you guys actually played this game...

Around the Network

I liked the dark world, call me a wimp, but that game has more horror to it then resident evil lol.

Metroid prime 2's story is so deep, I read every single log and enjoyed it. All the luminoth corpes added a lot to the atmosphere of this game and it was cool that you could read the story of how they died and what they did. Well, atleast of most corpes. Same goes with the space pirate logs and space marene logs. 3 different stories on how they all got wiped out. Just GORGEOUS. I can't understand how anyone can rate the awesome story of metroid prime 2 above metroid prime 3. The boss battles were also more fun and they were HUGE and DANGEROUS. I've died so many times on my first try that it wasn't even funny anymore. The puzzles were also EXTREMELY hard compared to the joke puzzles in prime 3.

Look at youtube at some vids for completing the game without the dark suit :)
You can also complete the game with one energy tank... The light world alone was already bigger then the whole world in metroid prime 3, so stop complaining.

I repeat that fact that you suck in a game does NOT make it horrible.

Lol, metroid prime 2 had a techno hive, desert, swamp, underwater world, underground space pirate camp, space marene hide out... Yup every room was identical. Have you really played this game lol? I really doubt it. Backtracking has always been a part of metroid. The fact that you don't like that means that you don't like a traditionel Metroid... Metroid prime 3 hardly had any backtracking in it and the bosses were lame compared to the ones of metroid prime 2. The fact that they were all wimps didn't helped much either. I killed Rundas in 20 seconds on hyper mode =/

Imo the whole metroid prime 3 story should have taken place on the best art design planet. Imo that is Bryo... I really hated the fact that there were multiple planets except for phaaze. They should have also made the story deeper with Bryo, the bosses thougher and the puzzles harder and this game would have been a lot better for me.

Not sure if you can. But can't wait!

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

I have to agree with Samus Aran. Prime 3 is the worst Metroid Prime game. Its still a full notch above most ofther games mind you, but just not good enough in the Metroid series. My biggest problem with the game is it destroys what made Metroid games great. Not once i playiong MP3 did i feel alone, or near death, or even lost.

The game is cut up into bit size 'casual' peices. Instead of haveing to explore an entire planet, your feed direction after direction. My favorite part of the game, looking for the energy battery things, was far too short, and ironically enough was harolded as the worst part of the game by most people.

MP3 just isnt a good Prime game, let alone a Metroid game.