By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I want to RROD my xbox

Dodece said:
I applaud the members in this thread that managed to make this community look like a den of liars, thieves, and criminals. Congratulations you have really lowered your standards. Microsoft fixed it so now you tell people how to break it. You must be so proud of yourselves. You know especially since most of you wouldn't be in the least bit cool about someone defrauding you or stealing money out of your pocket.

??  Do you understand just how poor I am right now?  I have 2 choices, I can either RROD it and get it fixed for free or just let it sit, being broken, There's no way in hell i can conjur up enough money to actaully pay for the repair.  And its not like MS doesn't have the money.  I really don't see the big deal here.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
Dodece said:
I applaud the members in this thread that managed to make this community look like a den of liars, thieves, and criminals. Congratulations you have really lowered your standards. Microsoft fixed it so now you tell people how to break it. You must be so proud of yourselves. You know especially since most of you wouldn't be in the least bit cool about someone defrauding you or stealing money out of your pocket.

??  Do you understand just how poor I am right now?  I have 2 choices, I can either RROD it and get it fixed for free or just let it sit, being broken, There's no way in hell i can conjur up enough money to actaully pay for the repair.  And its not like MS doesn't have the money.  I really don't see the big deal here.

get a ps3,jokes

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Sell your body to pay for the repairs, worked for me lol

Leave it on for 24 hours or so.

I have to admit this is the dumbest thing I've heard someone ask in the forums in a long time? I know you are happy with X360 so simply wanting to shorten your consoles life on purpose is obsurd. If you don't have it in warranty anymore than just sell it for what you can and go buy an arcade unit like I did. I am also aware you are low on money as well. If you live near a Gamestop they have some nice deals on buy ins right now and they will give you at least 80 I believe for the X360. I took in a couple old games of mine and traded them in with my X360 and got myself a brand new arcade sku along with a PSP and 2 games.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network
LordMatrix said:

I have to admit this is the dumbest thing I've heard someone ask in the forums in a long time? I know you are happy with X360 so simply wanting to shorten your consoles life on purpose is obsurd. If you don't have it in warranty anymore than just sell it for what you can and go buy an arcade unit like I did. I am also aware you are low on money as well. If you live near a Gamestop they have some nice deals on buy ins right now and they will give you at least 80 I believe for the X360. I took in a couple old games of mine and traded them in with my X360 and got myself a brand new arcade sku along with a PSP and 2 games.

Wow, did you even bother to read the thread. He has absolutely NO money, so he can't do a trade in, and if he sells it, he could not get a new one. Also, his 360 has given him the black screen a few times, and the DVD drive is not reading a lot of games. If he can get it to RROD he can get a fully working one without having to pay any money.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ironman said:
LordMatrix said:

Wow, did you even bother to read the thread. He has absolutely NO money, so he can't do a trade in, and if he sells it, he could not get a new one. Also, his 360 has given him the black screen a few times, and the DVD drive is not reading a lot of games. If he can get it to RROD he can get a fully working one without having to pay any money.

I agree!, he has no money so wants to do it this way to get a FREE repair and end up with a perfectly working 360, nothing wrong with that and I bet nearly everyone here would do the same if they was in the same position....

FKNetwork said:
ironman said:
LordMatrix said:

I agree!, he has no money so wants to do it this way to get a FREE repair and end up with a perfectly working 360, nothing wrong with that and I bet nearly everyone here would do the same if they was in the same position....

I don't own a car. I think I will just steal this one to use. It's ok because this guy can afford it.

Same mentality... scumbag.

shock182 said:
FKNetwork said:

I don't own a car. I think I will just steal this one to use. It's ok because this guy can afford it.

Yup, thats fine, need any help? burger face.....

dude17761991hatp said:
Try playing it the day you get it. That worked for me...

LMAO! Same thing happened to my little cousin, we got him a 360 for his B-day cause he wanted one badly, He opened up his brand new 360 hooked it up, while everyone was watching, put Halo 3 in played for 10 mins, and bam RROD... lol Everyone was like what happened? I knew it was a RROD. So my nephew turned it back in and just got a DSi instead, bad loss for Microsoft imo.