By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Price Cut Update From Howard Stringer !!!!

I admit my statement had little clarification or proof. So to clarify, and partially prove:

Xbox owners will buy ff13 for xbox, they would obviously not buy a ps3 just for the game.

People who have neither will most likely buy the ps3 version and a ps3, although there will be some contrary examples.

As evidence I will recall the gta4 release, which saw huge ps3 console sales compared to xbox, but at the same time sold fewer copies (interesting huh?). It also showed that the gta brand is almost synonymous with the ps brand name and sales were more pervasive on the ps3.
On top of that xbox owners have been trash talking the ff franchise for years, it is not a healthy place for the game, but that is my own opinion.

Around the Network

No FF 13 is coming out only in Japan this year. They can afford to not drop the price in Japan this year but they need to do something about the pathetic situation in NA.

theprof00 said:
I admit my statement had little clarification or proof. So to clarify, and partially prove:

Xbox owners will buy ff13 for xbox, they would obviously not buy a ps3 just for the game.

People who have neither will most likely buy the ps3 version and a ps3, although there will be some contrary examples.

As evidence I will recall the gta4 release, which saw huge ps3 console sales compared to xbox, but at the same time sold fewer copies (interesting huh?). It also showed that the gta brand is almost synonymous with the ps brand name and sales were more pervasive on the ps3.
On top of that xbox owners have been trash talking the ff franchise for years, it is not a healthy place for the game, but that is my own opinion.

So you dont think the very small boost in hardware for PS3 when GTA4 came was due in anyway to the official bundle PS3 had and no official bundle for the 360???

selnor said:
theprof00 said:

So you dont think the very small boost in hardware for PS3 when GTA4 came was due in anyway to the official bundle PS3 had and no official bundle for the 360???

Bundles are great advertisements, that is true.

Looking at the charts I see that my statement was incorrect. They both had high console sales that week. I thought different previously.

Anyways, the game will be in Japan exclusively before it's released here. People will be talking about ff13 on ps3 and making the connection between the two. In any case, my point is that ps3s will be selling like hotcakes. This is really less to do with xbox, and more about ps3 seeing a huge few weeks after release. There is no point dropping the price of the ps3 before then. At least, not before the Japan ff13 is released. I'm seeing more of a 400$ bundle, with 379$ amazon prices and special store deals.

Even if they were ready to cut the price do you honestly think they would tell people to reduce the sales of the PS3 even further than they currently are?

Around the Network

With regards to price cut, and this has been said before, it is simply impossible for Sony to maintain a superior momentum than last year while remaining at this price point, and since Sony is expecting an increase in the sale of the PS3 for the fiscal year, a price cut is almost a certainty.

Otherwise Sony needs to fire some people who clearly can't do basic math or look at the obvious

HE IS LIEING. he wont tell us about afuture price drop now lol

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Staude said:
The sentence that's really win is this one : "He likes to make a lot of noise,"

:p pwnd.

not half as much as half of Microsoft's PR and managers. I'm shocked Greenburg hasn't commented saying something like "PlayStation is a failure and always has been for the last 20 years." or some BS like that.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

What does Stringer mean by "I´m also putting pressure on Activision CEO Bobby Kottick"?....what kind of pressure?

dsister44 said:
So they are not cutting the price?

Not yet. Is suppose to happen in August according to several rumors. Will most likely happen in Oct I think. We'll see.

'gaming till I'm gone'