By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN AU Wii Sports Resort review

Kantor said:
stof said:
I'm playing Wii Sports right now. It's the most played game I've ever had. It's brilliant in every way and it got mostly crudy scores...

so I'm ok with this.

That will change soon.

http://www.wiids.co.uk/2009/06/19/postman-pat-game-released-next-month/

You are a god

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

This just in!

IGN AU gives a Wii game a low review score

SHOCK!

Australian journalists are huge HD fanboys. Its obvious if u look at aussie websites.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

-Sword fighting isn't 1:1. Degenerates into wagglefest. Doesn't deliver on the promise of the Motion Plus.

It is 1:1

Degenerates into wagglefest only if you are the worst player ever. In a two player fight, the one waggling will ALWAYS lose to the other guy defending and waiting for a breach to attack.

-Lack of 4 player simultaneous mutliplayer.

Played the canoeing, but dont know about the others. I think i saw more 4-player stuff. Impossible to play 4-player canoeing without laughing

-No online features to speak of.

Cant read japanese, not even my friend who has the game cant. So, i really dont know (there´s a lot of options, thou..)

-Not much in the way of value for solo players.

There´s A LOT of value for solo players. Every event has achievements, medals, easter eggs.

-Crap Music.

Fly around the island and find a place with three little houses. You will hear the Mario´s underworld tune and some sound clips for the game. Didnt understand why, but i was sold> And you will be too.

The real musical score? Great! Relaxing, well done, lot of variety.

-Constantly having to calibrate Motion Plus.

I didnt even noticed that.

The on-the-fly calibration? Almost didnt used. Only for swordfight. Rare ocasions

-Generally feel that many of the mini games could have been much better/more fleshed out. Some of them just plain suck.

You can have fun with ANY of the games... except wakeboarding.

Wakeboarding is AWFUL. You just want the timer to reach zero. Played it two times only.

Funny enough, is one of the only events praised by the IGN-AU reviewr.

-Sports carried over from the first game have only been marginally improved.

Kinda true. Didnt played that much. Not new, i cant come along to a friends house and keep trying every single inch of the game, right?

Botton line? This IGN AU reviewer was in a bad bad mood when he played the game. He had an opinion and sticked with it, despite the real game. 

Gnizmo said:
Seriously, IGN AU has something against the Wii. They trash it just about every chance they get. This isn't a grand conspiracy against Nintendo, the Wii, or Wii Sports Resort. IGN AU just had their cornflakes pissed in by Nintendo a few too many times and now rage against it a decent bit.

And here we go.....

Around the Network
maykissthebride said:

-Sword fighting isn't 1:1. Degenerates into wagglefest. Doesn't deliver on the promise of the Motion Plus.

Degenerates into wagglefest only if you are the worst player ever. In a two player fight, the one waggling will ALWAYS lose to the other guy defending and waiting for a breach to attack.

Played the canoeing, but dont know about the others. I think i saw more 4-player stuff. Impossible to play 4-player canoeing without laughing

Cant read japanese, not even my friend who has the game cant. So, i really dont know (there´s a lot of options, thou..)

There´s A LOT of value for solo players. Every event has achievements, medals, easter eggs.

-Crap Music.

Fly around the island and find a place with three little houses. You will hear the Mario´s underworld tune and some sound clips for the game. Didnt understand why, but i was sold> And you will be too.

The on-the-fly calibration? Almost didnt used. Only for swordfight. Rare ocasions

-Generally feel that many of the mini games could have been much better/more fleshed out. Some of them just plain suck.

Wakeboarding is AWFUL. You just want the timer to reach zero. Played it two times only.

Kinda true. Didnt played that much. Not new, i cant come along to a friends house and keep trying every single inch of the game, right?

Botton line? This IGN AU reviewer was in a bad bad mood when he played the game. He had an opinion and sticked with it, despite the real game. 

Do you own the game?

Why can't they rate it below Wii Sports ? I mean WSR is a full price game (if you take into consideration, that not many games use the add-on that comes with it yet), while Wii Sports was free (in the west). Full price PS3/360 games also are reviewed a bit harsher than PSN/XBLA games.

this is what i think about every wii(enter title here) that i have seen
"there's no real commitment to either a rich single player"

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Destroyer_of_knights said:
maykissthebride said:

-Crap Music.

Do you own the game?

You might want to read his post next time.

theres no excuse

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.