By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Conduit - metascore of 74!

So the most hyped Wii game in recent time has failed to break the 80 barrier . I'm not one to rely on a subjective measure of quality to argue a games quality but the reviews would at least indicate that this game is not of a high standard. It might still be fun though.

Around the Network

A lot of it is metacritic's fault. They translate a C+ to 58%(Just like they did with infamous) and 2/5 stars to 40%. Those 2 reviews were terribly written anyway. Take those 2 scores away and the game scores higher.

Imperial said:
So the most hyped Wii game in recent time has failed to break the 80 barrier . I'm not one to rely on a subjective measure of quality to argue a games quality but the reviews would at least indicate that this game is not of a high standard. It might still be fun though.

Um no... Several unprofessional reviews are drawing the metacritic score down.  Most of the reviews have been between 75-85 though.  That doesn't indicate a severe lack of quality.  Just mainly that the Wii isn't as graphically advanced and doesn't have as robust an online system as the other systems.  Actually owning the game.  I can tell you it is an 8.0-8.5 game.  Unfortunately, other things like level design similar to older games (indoor environments and rooms connected by corridors) and a story that requires the player to work to understand how deep it is are also keeping it down.  It is a very good online FPS with exceptional controls and fast gameplay.  I have a PS3 too with all of the good FPSs and it still is worth having in my library because it feels and plays different than anything on that system.  Sadly, unless a game is basically Halo or CoD with better graphics it will get panned these days.  Killzone 2 got lower scores than it should have because it didn't control exactly like CoD and this did because it doesn't have the graphics or online system mainly..

Now Playing!

^ This is you!

The game may or may not be good.

All these threads seem to have those that are fanatics that wont accept that Conduit is anything other than stellar and those that think its an OK game that was overhyped.

Bottom line is sales. It will take a few months to gauge how successful the game really is. HVS and Sega should release what number they would be happy with.

The internet is the best at giving voice to those that have no knowledge of creating a sound argument. GOD BLESS THE INTERNETS!!!

uno said:
The game may or may not be good.

All these threads seem to have those that are fanatics that wont accept that Conduit is anything other than stellar and those that think its an OK game that was overhyped.

Bottom line is sales. It will take a few months to gauge how successful the game really is. HVS and Sega should release what number they would be happy with.

The internet is the best at giving voice to those that have no knowledge of creating a sound argument. GOD BLESS THE INTERNETS!!!

who said anything about stellar?  Is a 80-85 stellar?  Pretty much everyone who plays it says that is what it should get.  That is stellar for a Wii FPS though since it controls very differently than a dual analog setup.

The problem I have is all the people who having never played the game, come into these threads posting that it sucks, was overhyped, or is a failure because a few reviewers

1. don't like Wii controls or the Wii and freely admit it

and

2.  Are measuring it against 2 or 3 of the best FPSs this gen which is unfair because the Wii isn't even capable of the graphical output or online connectivity on those consoles.  I guess all FPSs should be deducted 2 points instantly if they appear on the 360 or PS3 from now on because the controls aren't as good as the Wii Remote or Keyboard and Mouse?

Now Playing!

^ This is you!

Around the Network
Imperial said:

All Reviews with low scores on this game do is indicate that they don't know how to review a game and can not be trusted for quality reviews.

They make idiotic stamements like it turns too slow.  Obviously they haven't adjusted the controls which has a default turn rate of something like I think 18% of what it can do.

kber81 said:
Figlioni said:

Why do people keep saying this? I've played Half Life 2 and Bioshock on the PS3. I also started Resistance and have to get back to it. I can safely say that The Conduit is better than Resistance and right up there with the other two. Not quite, but close.

OMG delusional fanboy at his best. Care to list two reasons why Conduit is better than Resistance? Maybe because it provides almost half as long campaign or maybe thanks to much deeper and bigger multiplayer experience /with no lag/? or maybe thanks to better storyline (Mr. Ford my ass lol)... or broader weapon selection... you can compare your Conduit to Conflict Denied Ops or this crappy area 51 game not to quality soft.

I can bet some serious money you haven't even touched The Conduit. Before you ask, I own and have finished Resistance.

I have the game. Played thru singleplayer and I play MP. The game is OK. It is hard for me to recommend to someone who doesnt like Halo type FPS's. Plus the online servers are bad. It takes me 20 minutes just to get into a game sometimes. COD WAW Wii I can get in in minutes.

Its not as deep as what most of us have become accustomed to. And why shouldnt it be compared to the FPS's of today?

Everyone has an opinion. Just dont defend something for the sake of defending it.

Again, SALES IS ALL THAT MATTERS. Not a bunch of opinions of reviewers or metacritic or internet fanboys or internet hateboys.

Really?  It takes me no more than 2-3 minutes and I have like 15 hours online.  Maybe its your proximity to the servers?

You are right, sales are all that matter.  But so many people live and die by metacritic now days it seems like reviews are pretty important too.

I will admit though that I can go back and play alot of old games that younger gamers wouldn't give the time of day.  I've been gaming for 23 years now so alot of classics are fond memories for me.  Even if I do like CoD4, Killzone 2 etc. that doesn't mean I can't still have fun with games like Wolfenstien 3D, Doom, Duke Nukem, Quake, Unreal, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark etc.  The online level design feels ALOT like Goldeneye/Perfect Dark only with much much better controls and graphics.  The strategy and control of this are just much different than most modern games but that doesn't make it bad or worse IMO.

Now Playing!

^ This is you!

It takes about 3 minutes to start a full 12 player game on my 2Mbps DSL connection, pretty good. The actual game mostly runs flawlessly.

Second only to MKWii, this one.