By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360's Five Hidden Aces

http://planetxbox360.com/index.php/articledetails/show/1535 "The April edition of the Official Xbox Magazine has a feature on the five biggest games they expect to come to the Xbox 360 and that are still being kept secret." 1) World of Warcraft: Azeroth Adventures- Eight million PC gamers paid $50 to own the original World of Warcraft, plus another $15/month to play it. Now, the Xbox 360 version is expected to be its own animal, not a pared down version of the PC game. It seems Microsoft will keep dumping cash on Blizzard's (the developer) doorstep until they agree to create a custom-built-for-360 version of the game. Rumor has it that it will debut for the 2008 holiday season 2) Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic III- Developer Bioware dropped the hammer on the rest of the RPG world when it made the original Knights of the Old Republic. The game is arguably one of the best Star Wars video games and warrants a third installment in its series of follow-ups. Official Xbox Magazine has a sneaking suspicion that they are working on III, but arent letting the cat out of the bag yet as not to derail hype for other current projects. 3)Duke Nukem Forever- The 10-years-in-the-making sequel to the 1996 industry- defining hit Duke Nukem 3D can finally meet its goals now that technology is available that will help the game redefine first-person-shooter interactivity like its predecessor. Game developer 3D Realms is probably keeping it hush hush until they pin down a release date for the PC version. 4)Crimson Skies 2- The original, underdog Xbox game Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge is just popular enough to give a sequel the green light. Xbox 360 doesnt want you to know about the new game yet as a matter of timing; they need to keep some bullets in their chamber for next year. 5)Hellgate: London- This action-RPG, in which a gate to Hell has ripped open in London in 2028, is filled with massive skill customization, paper-doll character tweakage and disturbingly addictive dungeon-crawling treasure hunts. The game is possibly being kept under wraps to let it bask in the Windows limelight for awhile.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

gebx said: http://planetxbox360.com/index.php/articledetails/show/1535 "The April edition of the Official Xbox Magazine has a feature on the five biggest games they expect to come to the Xbox 360 and that are still being kept secret." 1) World of Warcraft: Azeroth Adventures- Eight million PC gamers paid $50 to own the original World of Warcraft, plus another $15/month to play it. Now, the Xbox 360 version is expected to be its own animal, not a pared down version of the PC game. It seems Microsoft will keep dumping cash on Blizzard's (the developer) doorstep until they agree to create a custom-built-for-360 version of the game. Rumor has it that it will debut for the 2008 holiday season 2) Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic III- Developer Bioware dropped the hammer on the rest of the RPG world when it made the original Knights of the Old Republic. The game is arguably one of the best Star Wars video games and warrants a third installment in its series of follow-ups. Official Xbox Magazine has a sneaking suspicion that they are working on III, but arent letting the cat out of the bag yet as not to derail hype for other current projects. 3)Duke Nukem Forever- The 10-years-in-the-making sequel to the 1996 industry- defining hit Duke Nukem 3D can finally meet its goals now that technology is available that will help the game redefine first-person-shooter interactivity like its predecessor. Game developer 3D Realms is probably keeping it hush hush until they pin down a release date for the PC version. 4)Crimson Skies 2- The original, underdog Xbox game Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge is just popular enough to give a sequel the green light. Xbox 360 doesnt want you to know about the new game yet as a matter of timing; they need to keep some bullets in their chamber for next year. 5)Hellgate: London- This action-RPG, in which a gate to Hell has ripped open in London in 2028, is filled with massive skill customization, paper-doll character tweakage and disturbingly addictive dungeon-crawling treasure hunts. The game is possibly being kept under wraps to let it bask in the Windows limelight for awhile.
All those games suck. apart from wow. PS3 will sell out in Europe. Wii will catch the slowsellingbox360 very soon

hmm, 1) On the P.C already? Why bother? 2) Unless you're a Trek/Starwars geek, 3) Just play Serious Sam on the P.C 4) A counter measure to Warhawk on the PS3?, 5) Could sound interesting... but with so many games in that Genre (horror-hell) is it really going to stand out? I believe Halo3 will probably be the 360 life saver. Then Microsoft may as well make a better P.C, err... I mean console

Good to see this site is still going 

NintendoDemise said: All those games suck. apart from wow. PS3 will sell out in Europe. Wii will catch the slowsellingbox360 very soon
Well ... I'm not going to comment on whether or not those games are high quality but why would you assume that the Wii would (all of a sudden) begin selling very poorly? After 6 Months (April) the Wii will be among the fastest selling consoles in history; this has have a massive impact in the number of developers who are working on Wii titles which will prevent a drop off in system sales. On the other hand after 6 months the PS3 will be among the slowest selling consoles in history, which will mean that fewer games will be PS3 exclusives (ported to the XBox 360) which will mean that the much lower priced XBox 360 should get a boost.

Quartz said: hmm, 1) On the P.C already? Why bother? 2) Unless you're a Trek/Starwars geek, 3) Just play Serious Sam on the P.C 4) A counter measure to Warhawk on the PS3?, 5) Could sound interesting... but with so many games in that Genre (horror-hell) is it really going to stand out? I believe Halo3 will probably be the 360 life saver. Then Microsoft may as well make a better P.C, err... I mean console
1) Actually it's not.. 2) I'm sure they're a couple out there who are.. I mean how many people actually do like Star Wars or Star Trek?? 3) I never played Serious Sam, but I've heard lots of good things about it.. So yeah, why not bring a Serious Sam type game on the 360, add HD and a little bit of Coop sauce on the top 4) Have you played the original Crimson Skies? 5) agreed - but then again, no news has come out of it yet..

Around the Network

1) It's a Rumour. As far as I can see there is only forums which hold plenty of the word 'Rumour' 4) I did play it a while ago on the P.C...didn't hold my attention though. Despite the fact it was a half decent game in my eyes.

Quartz said: 1) It's a Rumour. As far as I can see there is only forums which hold plenty of the word 'Rumour' 4) I did play it a while ago on the P.C...didn't hold my attention though. Despite the fact it was a half decent game in my eyes.
eheh, they're all rumours.

I know. I'm just pulling your leg!

HappySqurriel said: NintendoDemise said: All those games suck. apart from wow. PS3 will sell out in Europe. Wii will catch the slowsellingbox360 very soon Well ... I'm not going to comment on whether or not those games are high quality but why would you assume that the Wii would (all of a sudden) begin selling very poorly? After 6 Months (April) the Wii will be among the fastest selling consoles in history; this has have a massive impact in the number of developers who are working on Wii titles which will prevent a drop off in system sales. On the other hand after 6 months the PS3 will be among the slowest selling consoles in history, which will mean that fewer games will be PS3 exclusives (ported to the XBox 360) which will mean that the much lower priced XBox 360 should get a boost.
Read my comment before posting. I never said the wii would begin selling poorly. As for the PS3, for it's high price and lack of games it's selling very well in my view. Once it hits Europe, sales will rise and with the numerous titles coming out before the summer I expect it's market share to strengthen.

NintendoDemise said: Read my comment before posting. I never said the wii would begin selling poorly. As for the PS3, for it's high price and lack of games it's selling very well in my view. Once it hits Europe, sales will rise and with the numerous titles coming out before the summer I expect it's market share to strengthen.
I appologize, I read nor name and assumed you meant "catch the slowsellingbox360 very soon" using "catch" as in catch an illness ... For its price and lack of games it is selling very well, but in general it is selling very poorly ... There are only a handful of systems (in recent history) that have ever been as expensive and none have survived to sell as many systems as Sony has.