By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Europe chart

There is a problem with the Europe compare chart . It says that Ps3  have been out for 46 weeks when it have been out for 28. It  has been like this forever what is the meaning of this?

Around the Network

Complain on the website forum or send Ioi a pm.

If you subtract the portion that is essentially at zero, you get the right amount of time.

If you look at the chart, it clearly shows an incredibly small amount sold for the first half of it's sales life. My guess is that At the time of the Japanese/NA launch, it was sold in one country that is counted in the Other category, so that one countries sales are being counted.

I've always wondered which country it is.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Stof: It might be true but it is not making the chart better its harder to compare like this. It is pretty official that the European launch were 23 march maybe ioi have not noticed the chart.

Around the Network

That country would be Taiwan, and the market of Hong Kong. Thus the chart is probably correct. Not only are those markets small, but the demand was probably weak especially considering the areas reputation for piracy. How could it be the fault of the staff that Sony has adopted an insane release strategy. The numbers look bad, because thats how Sony did it.

Yojimbo said:
Stof: It might be true but it is not making the chart better its harder to compare like this. It is pretty official that the European launch were 23 march maybe ioi have not noticed the chart.
Maybee if ioi would add a possible to say "Europe" not other, that would fix the problem?

but then where do those "others" go? Does Japan become Asia? I was under the impression that the other stood for the PAL region.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I understand the whole situation now but it screws things up harder to compare. Looks like Ps3 had high demand and low supply in "other" region.