By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - My 360 hates Gears of War 1 and 2

So it all started when my friend is school lend me his copy of Gears 1 when I get to the chapters of the Krills, the one that you have to explode the gas tanks, a massage appear saying that the disc was unreadable so I took a soft cloth and nothing then my cousin try to clean it whit some paste and then it work. Yesterday I rent Gears 2 and when I get to the part of the giant worm the massage pop up again  and this never happen with another game.

So what do you think?

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad

Around the Network

ive heard about this problem before. Your just unlcuky.

mp40master said:

So it all started when my friend is school lend me his copy of Gears 1 when I get to the chapters of the Krills, the one that you have to explode the gas tanks, a massage appear saying that the disc was unreadable so I took a soft cloth and nothing then my cousin try to clean it whit some paste and then it work. Yesterday I rent Gears 2 and when I get to the part of the giant worm the massage pop up again  and this never happen with another game.

So what do you think?

Get it to a disc repair shop.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

I think I am :( but at least I get to beat the first one.

Try installing the games to the HDD. That way if the disc is hard to read, you will have the data on your HDD and you won't have to stop because... it will be on your HDD. You only need the disc to make sure it is a right copy.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

The games may be a little scratched making it harder for the 360 to read. I would recommend installing the games to your hard drive, it will make load times faster and you won't have to deal with that problem anymore either.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Strategyking92 said:
Try installing the games to the HDD. That way if the disc is hard to read, you will have the data on your HDD and you won't have to stop because... it will be on your HDD. You only need the disc to make sure it is a right copy.

I try but when it get to the 38 or 40 % of the bar it say the same thing.

Has anyone have this problem to?

Thats bad, that means the disc must be scratched up pretty badly. I would try and use some kind cleaning liquid to hopefully get rid of enough scratches to be able to install the game. A disc repair kit might work.

I had this problem with my copy of Gears 2, I borrowed my cousins and installed it then used my disc and it worked, so far.

@yungmagic

wow thats a really good idea. mp40master why don't you go to blockbuster and rent gow then install it to your hdd so you can play with your scratched version?