By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What will Project Natal do for Xbox 360 in Japan?

It will obviously remain 3rd place, but might get a boost. Who knows..

Around the Network

NOTHING. Reason: Everyone has a freakin WII already. What games are M$ going to announce for NATAL?

I think it'll attract attention, but in the end its going to be competing with a leading incumbent, and a still more popular console able to offer more or less the same thing, so unless MS finds some killer (for Japanese region) game for Natal its hard to imagine it'll make much difference.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Let's just wait and see.

You know...what's really funny is...Jeronimo just got back (apparently)..and he has already gotten banned until September....with (I love the irony)...his come back thread. Ha....Ha.

Around the Network

It will certainly boost by an important % the 360 sales, just like it happened with xbox->360. But before launching in Japan, MS should already have some games for casuals, others for hardcore to launch and promote, otherwise no one will bother (preferably some that are targeted to the japanese casual & hardcore audience of course).

Project Natal will not help the Xbox 360 overcome its main obstacles in Japan

-- Perception of poor quality
-- Console by non-domestic company.

For other reasons, I am not sure Project Natal will be a game changer in any region for Microsoft -- this console generation.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

It's possible the 360 can reach 3million lifetime sales

Depends on software. Always has, always will.

Nothing at all. Motion control has done nothing to the wii in japan. I fact the wii sales are weakest in japan.

Gintama is the funniest show EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud owner of all currnet gen consoles.

I not a big wii fan

Okita the sadist.