By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Conduit: Kinda fun, but underwhelming and outdated.

I was seriously torn today between getting The Conduit or getting Grand Slam Tennis.  Man...I should've gotten tennis.  Let me start off by saying I think that Metroid Prime 3 is fantastic (I plan on getting the trilogy) and so is Medal of Honor Heroes 2, so my feelings on The Conduit so far have nothing to do with "being spoiled" by the HD FPS games.  The graphics are blah.  Bland repetitive environments.  I thought this was supposed to be a stunning looking Wii title.  The gameplay/controls are blah.  Same few enemies over and over with pretty stupid AI.  Why can't I twist the remote or nunchuck to lean out of cover like in MoHH2?  Health pickups?  Are you kidding me?  Get up to speed with modern shooters that have regenerating health.

Since there's some fun to be had, I'll definitely stick with the game and beat it at least once, maybe twice to get my money's worth.  Most likely, this one won't earn a permanent spot in my library.  It will probably end up as trade fodder towards a more worthy title.  Don't believe the hype on this one.  Sorry, I know I'll probably take a lot of heat for this.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

Around the Network

Yeah, you will take a lot of heat for this. I have MoH: Heroes 2, also, and can't even begin to see where you're coming from.

All I can say is, I completely disagree with you. This game is full of win.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I don't think you are very far in the game. Your health regenerates once you get the power suit. What difficulty are you playing on, Guarded? I'd play on the difficulty either severe or the one before it. How do the controls make you upset, you can change anything to whatever you want, and completely change the sensitivity. The graphics have even been said by 360 fanboys to be great, i don't know what's up with your eyes. 

The reason you can't lean is because you are playing a fast paced game not a slow duck and cover game. This game is just like GoldenEye and Perfect Dark. You really aren't suppose to stop and take cover then take all the time in the world to lean. No game uses that function but the PSP port with bland environments and graphics and no storyline, by the name of Medal of Honor Heroes 2.

As i said, your health does regenerate, you just didn't get to the part where you have the black and blue power suit yet? And the part should be coming up soon.

I don't understand this part: I think that Metroid Prime 3 is fantastic (I plan on getting the trilogy) and so is Medal of Honor Heroes 2, so my feelings on The Conduit so far have nothing to do with "being spoiled" by the HD FPS games.

Metroid Prime 3 and MoHH2 are not HD. No Wii game is HD. You just sound like a troll. This could be just a false post from some 360 player who is mad to see The Conduit get good reviews across the board and so far good sales.

Currently enjoying: Monster Hunter Tri.

Health pickups?  Are you kidding me?  Get up to speed with modern shooters that have regenerating health.

No offense, but regenerating health never made sense in FPSs. Actually, it makes them too easy.

I've yet to buy a copy of The Conduit, but all the bad things you said about it aren't really a problem for me.

Last thing... Are you seriously complaining about repetitive enemies? Where have you been all this time? o_O

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

Around the Network

I hate regenerating health. It eliminates the survival element of weighing the value of using rare ammo to finish a fight quickly or taking a beating and struggling to reach the next health pack.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

But your health does regenerate....this makes me wonder what your playing..

Former something....

I find it weird that you mention you like Metroid Prime 3 but you complain about non-regenerating health.

Pixel Art can be fun.

I don't agree with your opinoin. I think It'll be a great game

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
I don't agree with your opinoin. I think It'll be a great game

It's already out, dude.

Pixel Art can be fun.