By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kalypso Media To Develop Exclusively For The 360

Kalypso Media have announced the release of Tropico 3 for the Xbox 360. In what was previously a PC exclusive title this release will see Kalypso Media enter the next-generation console market where they will be concentrating exclusively on Microsoft platforms.

Stefan Marcinek, Global Managing Director Kalypso Media Group:

“The Tropico 3 release on the Xbox 360 is a first for Kalypso and marks the beginning of an exciting entry into the console market. Throughout 2010 Kalypso Media have plans to release four titles in tandem on both the Xbox 360 and PC. Through this we will be able to demonstrate our strong PC Line up with new multiplatform games and this gives us some great opportunities for the year ahead.”

The Xbox 360 release of Tropico 3 will be developed by Haemimont Games in Bulgaria who are also responsible for the development of the PC version for Kalypso Media. Tropico 3 will be released on Xbox 360 and PC this September.

Source:http://www.nextgn.com/2009/06/24/kalypso-media-to-develop-exclusively-for-the-360-bringing-tropico-3/

Tropico 3 (Screenshots):

Around the Network

Looks like what i said about pc games becoming 360 console exclusive games is starting to ring true.

I said about a year ago that what will ultimately lead the 360 to HD console victory this gen is the fact that the 360 has close ties to the world of pc gaming and it's been stated many times that porting a game from pc to 360 is as easy as "pressing a button".

More console exclusives for 360 = Win.

How is it exclusive if they are developing on the PC as well?

You do not have the right to never be offended.

ChichiriMuyo said:

Because the PC isn't a console and it's a Microsoft Platform for the most part

It's win win. If you can put up with sitting at a desk, then PC owners will stay happy. If you prefer playing in wireless comfort you now have the oppurtunity on the 360. Nice one. I'll be buying anyhting available on PC on 360 instead. 40" tv, Sofa, lazing about. Thats gaming.

Around the Network
ChichiriMuyo said:

Shhh!!!....dont start with that didn't anyone told you that the "it's not exclusive" only applies when it's ps3,PC.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
ChichiriMuyo said:

Shhh!!!....dont start with that didn't anyone told you that the "it's not exclusive" only applies when it's ps3,PC.

Here I thought it was the other way around

meh more unknown pc devs that no-one cares about doing downgraded ports to the 360.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

ChichiriMuyo said:

This.

Anyway, very cool.

Never heard of Tropica before.
Any good?

Proud Sony Rear Admiral