By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why can't 360 and PS3 be as reliable as the Wii?

Well as everyone knows the 360 had its outragious fail-rate not too long ago (and it still is worse than it should be), and the PS3 seems to be having some pretty major problems with fail-rates lately too.

What i'm wondering is why don't MS and Sony try to be more like nintendo with making their consoles so they don't die so often.  Is it that hard to make a reliable console??

On another note i don't think i've ever heard of a wii dying.  Anyone at all ever have their wii die?  just curious.

Discuss.

Around the Network

Oh, boy, you are setting yourself up for a massive flame war about who's console fails less (as if that's something to brag about, it's like being the smartest kid with downs syndrome)

I think Sony and MS were too rushed in getting their consoles, with new hardware that was barely tested, out on the market. Nintendo based the Wii off the Gamecube with a few changes, So they had less development, and more proven hardware. It's kinda like the KISS theory.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

So true my friend i had 2 ps3s already and xobx 360s are apprantley worse (sont know though) but wii yeh its much more reliable... but i still love my PS3

I owned a 360 for 7 months and i realised there is no point will all the PS3 games coming out this year Uncharted 3 <3

PSN : Stocko

Currently Playing : Dynasty Warriors 7 (PS3, 9/10) Ar Tonelico Qoga (PS3, 8/10) MVC3 (PS3, 9/10) Pokemon Black (DS, 9/10) Dissidia 012 (PSP, 10/10), God Eater Burst (PSP, 9/10)

yo_john117 said:

What i'm wondering is why don't MS and Sony try to be more like nintendo with making their consoles so they don't die so often.  Is it that hard to make a reliable console??

So do you think that MS and Sony are purposly making their consoles fail?

twesterm said:
yo_john117 said:

So do you think that MS and Sony are purposly making their consoles fail?

That's obviously not the intent of his thread, he's just wondering why the two have failed more than the Wii.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network

My wii never broke and I never heard some one breaks unless somone did somthing to it

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Tell me about it! I have 2 different 360 have RRoD and my 60 GB PS3 just recently don't read disk no more.

My 2 year old plays with my Wii, tossing the controller around kicking the system and everything its still works perfectly fine.

1. Newer tech is less tried and true - more bleeding edge
2. Both companies were caught in an "arms race" for better graphics
3. More complex internals

P.S. I had a PS3 break too.

My friends Wii DVD drive broke.

PS3's and Wii's fail rate is on Par.