By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The PS3 related turmoil amongst 360 users

txrattlesnake said:
slowmo said:
Bit early in the year for damage control MikeB, Ghostbusters finally hit home that leading on the PS3 will not fix it's terrible dev support requiring too many man hours to get equivalent or better results.

On the subject of games that have actually been released that rival the 360 seriously in most 360 fans opinions is MGS4, Unchartered and Killzone 2. Thats just 3 games that stand out and each one had plenty of time and money thrown at them that no third party will do. Your argument may have more merit if the 360 is unable to reproduce Final Fantasy XIII at equivalent levels, the only exception I reckon is video will not be encoded to 1080p which for the vast majority of users is not an issue anyway. Finally those 3 titles I mentioned above are not "well beyond" titles availble on the 360 either.

Finally I'm pretty sure PAL DVD's are encoded to 576p aren't they, so for a lot of users they don't watch 480p at all, or did you skip that fact because as usual it made your argument less relevant. When you compare 576p to 720p the difference isn't so great, at least thats what the PS3 fans have told us regarding Ghostbusters resolution drop (funny how its not only 360 owners being inconsistant now is it).

Lastly how does such a blatantly troll thread remain open on this site from what is a reknowned Sony fan with a vested interest in misinformation, no offence MikeB it's just my opinion on your conduct.

Ratchet and Clank Future:  Tools of Destruction, Little Big Planet, Folklore, and Heavenly Sword also all blow away any similar games on the 360 and The Last Guardian will as well.

In your opinion of course, the only one on that list I'd maybe agree on is Heavenly Sword maybe although I've not played Ninja Gaiden 2 for comparison.  Of course I still think the term "blow away" is hopelessly exagerrated.

Around the Network

@ slowmo

Lastly how does such a blatantly troll thread remain open on this site from what is a reknowned Sony fan with a vested interest in misinformation, no offence MikeB it's just my opinion on your conduct.

I know your opinion by now and probably others do so too, no need to repeat this within all my threads.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

You know, this is really about the PS3 fanboys being in turmoil. They can't handle the fact that after all this time the Xbox 360 is selling more per week than the PS3 when they predicted so many times that the PS3 would be ahead at this point in overall sales and they can't handle that the multiplatform games are still better on the Xbox 360 and they can't handle that theres still people expressing doubt about the manifest destiny of PS3 performance is not being appreciated and they probably can't handle this post.

I seriously don't think that any true fans give a shit about this stuff, they just play their console and enjoy it. If you're pissed off by this post you're almost definately a fanboy so you should take a long look at yourself. Smoke the weed please, I did!

Tease.

kowenicki said:
One is movies, one is games.

People buy consoles for games....

But.. I kinda agree. The difference between blu ray and dvd is huge... IF (!!) you have a decent 1080p tv.

I have a 53" Bravia and I don't give a crap! I watch 350mb TV episodes all the time.

Tease.

slowmo said:
txrattlesnake said:
slowmo said:
Bit early in the year for damage control MikeB, Ghostbusters finally hit home that leading on the PS3 will not fix it's terrible dev support requiring too many man hours to get equivalent or better results.

On the subject of games that have actually been released that rival the 360 seriously in most 360 fans opinions is MGS4, Unchartered and Killzone 2. Thats just 3 games that stand out and each one had plenty of time and money thrown at them that no third party will do. Your argument may have more merit if the 360 is unable to reproduce Final Fantasy XIII at equivalent levels, the only exception I reckon is video will not be encoded to 1080p which for the vast majority of users is not an issue anyway. Finally those 3 titles I mentioned above are not "well beyond" titles availble on the 360 either.

Finally I'm pretty sure PAL DVD's are encoded to 576p aren't they, so for a lot of users they don't watch 480p at all, or did you skip that fact because as usual it made your argument less relevant. When you compare 576p to 720p the difference isn't so great, at least thats what the PS3 fans have told us regarding Ghostbusters resolution drop (funny how its not only 360 owners being inconsistant now is it).

Ratchet and Clank Future:  Tools of Destruction, Little Big Planet, Folklore, and Heavenly Sword also all blow away any similar games on the 360 and The Last Guardian will as well.

In your opinion of course, the only one on that list I'd maybe agree on is Heavenly Sword maybe although I've not played Ninja Gaiden 2 for comparison.  Of course I still think the term "blow away" is hopelessly exagerrated.

Name two 3d platformers on 360 that are at Little Big Planet and Ratchet and Clank Future level.  Name one action adventure rpg on the 360 that is at Folklore's level (it received a 9 from PlayMagazine USA and a 9 from IGN), and no game on 360 comes anywhere near being the artistic triumph that The Last Guardian will be.  The most that one can say about the artistic merits of Gears and Alan Wake is that at best they have about as much artistic vision as the  typical Saturday night movie on the American Sci-Fi Channel.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:

One is movies, one is games.

People buy consoles for games....

But.. I agree. The difference between blu ray and dvd is huge... IF (!!) you have a decent 1080p tv,

And.. 360 versions of multiplats do look better.

Yes thats is why I bought the ps3 so I can play Uncharted,Gow3,Mgs4,kZ2 and many more+I can also watch movies using it....on the other hand the 360 only plays game....

so no....one is for both movie and games while the other is strickly for games.

@ Squilliam

They can't handle the fact that after all this time the Xbox 360 is selling more per week than the PS3 when they predicted so many times that the PS3 would be ahead at this point

It's a bit dissapointing to some the PS3 hasn't seen an official price cut on entry pricing since October 2007 and some important games take a while to release.

But I don't think this much affects current PS3 owners, PS3 exclusives are very impressive and important multi-platform games most often are of more than acceptable with regard to quality.

I think the PS3 will get a price cut in the coming months and games like Gran Turismo 5 and Final Fantasy XIII aren't that far off anymore, so that more people can be happy and all will be well.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

MikeB said:

I am a little puzzled, I often see the same 360 fans push IMO very conflicting statements.

1) Regarding multi-platform games. Most agree there are PS3 exclusives providing technically .....

You lost me there... to much biased.

Lets just say I play VG for 25 years, I own both systems and I don't agree that this technical differences are significant.

It has become an habit to challenge this point 5 times a week...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

kowenicki said:
@squill

and I understand that, my bro and dad think the same way.... but i do kinda get off on HD movies and TV. each to their own.

Im just glad Mikeb is agreeing multiplats look better on the 360, so the bulk of games look better on the 360.

I can see a difference, I can hear better sound quality but it doesn't really bother me. Im more interested in the content than the actual movie itself. I used to watch TV from a really fuzzy connection so everything above that is really just a bonus for me. I do notice a difference in IQ with games, but im actually looking closely at the screen. With TV/Movies I tend to just relax and kinda look towards the TV rather than say looking intensely at the TV like with games.

Tease.

txrattlesnake said:
slowmo said:
txrattlesnake said:
slowmo said:

Name two 3d platformers on 360 that are at Little Big Planet and Ratchet and Clank Future level.  Name one action adventure rpg on the 360 that is at Folklore's level (it received a 9 from PlayMagazine USA and a 9 from IGN), and no game on 360 comes anywhere near being the artistic triumph that The Last Guardian will be.  The most that one can say about the artistic merits of Gears and Alan Wake is that at best they have about as much artistic vision as the  typical Saturday night movie on the American Sci-Fi Channel.

Those are stupid questions to ask, seeing as how the 360 does not possess equivalents to the games you mentioned in it's library as far as exclusives go. However, if we can speak about multiplatform games, I'd say both LBP and Ratchet and Clank got raped artistically by Prince of Persia, but that's just one man's opinion.

Just to clarify, if I were to ask you to find me a real time strategy game on the PS3 that looks as good as Halo Wars, you would be stumped, because there is no such game in existence on the PS3. I mean if you're going to ask the question of finding a suitable alternative graphically, at least use a genre both share heavily in, and not niche sub genres and older genres that don't get many games created for them.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.