By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony did everything first

ironman said:
Darth Tigris said:
Ooo, ooo, let me play too.

Sony created the internet, the automobile, and fire.

FTW!!!!

I love how the OP says Sony does everything first, and then cites only two examples...which are both something that Sony copied. 

I only did it for an interesting title. This is basically for the motion control thing. Who did Sony copy the Eye Toy from? Serious question.

Around the Network

The PC market, they have been toying around with this stuff for quite some time now.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ironman said:
The PC market, they have been toying around with this stuff for quite some time now.

Well, they did a worse job than Sony at marketing that stuff. But still i only have you word to go by.

It doesn't matter who does what first. It's who can market the idea and make a profit off of it that matters.

voty2000 said:
It doesn't matter who does what first. It's who can market the idea and make a profit off of it that matters.

Well a lot of people seem to care. I don't actually as long as the thing works and market it well then great. I just did this because some people get crazy.

Oh and crazy is my favorite word. I use it a lot lol

Around the Network

I predict Sony will bring out Eye Kinetic and Eye Play and Eye Sports for the PS3, some of the games/exercises will require the PS Wand....there's already Eye Pet confirmed this year. They'll either make Eye Kinetic more like Wii Fit or they'll create another one to mimic either. I predict all this crap coming out by the end of 2010 at the latest.

Lightning_24 said:
ironman said:

Well, they did a worse job than Sony at marketing that stuff. But still i only have you word to go by.

It's not that they did a worse job at marketing it, it's that they didn't have any real good apps for it. Where do you think Sony and MS got the idea from?  

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

FilaBrasileiro said:
I predict Sony will bring out Eye Kinetic and Eye Play and Eye Sports for the PS3, some of the games/exercises will require the PS Wand....there's already Eye Pet confirmed this year. They'll either make Eye Kinetic more like Wii Fit or they'll create another one to mimic either. I predict all this crap coming out by the end of 2010 at the latest.

That would be so cool. I hope they do that because they need to do it right. I just think they won't market it well, but maybe this time they will. It's like they had a goldmine on their hands but they did nothing with it until someone else did it and now it looks like they copied. I'm not saying Sony never copies though. Everyone copies.

ironman said:
Lightning_24 said:
ironman said:

It's not that they did a worse job at marketing it, it's that they didn't have any real good apps for it. Where do you think Sony and MS got the idea from?  

Well MS got the idea from Sony. You're so going to hate me for saying that. I'm only joking.

Lightning_24 said:
voty2000 said:

Well a lot of people seem to care. I don't actually as long as the thing works and market it well then great. I just did this because some people get crazy.

Oh and crazy is my favorite word. I use it a lot lol

I'm not trying to tell people not to care, I'm just saying in the long run Marketing is what matters.  Company A jacks Company B's idea in a legal way and do better with, people supporting Company A have the right to get upset.  Years from now Company B may be forgotten and nobody will care anymore.