By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Good racing wheel for 360.

mysticD said:
I have both DriveFX and MS Wheel and they are both good, but MS wheel have a much better FFB strength. MS wheel also work great with arcade racer, I usually don't used wheel for arcade racer but for Midnight Club it work excellent.

MS Wheel also great with Race Pro (my favorite racing sim, it got some of the best physics, too bad the frame rate is poor and the game is a bit buggy) You have to used the wheel in 2nd port for the FFB to work properly on some of the wheels. I was hoping they would patch it but with Atari being publisher and SimBin a small dev. I doubt that will happen.

I would recommend MS wheel. The current model are better and not crappy like the early one. I don't know where you are, but I see MS wheel for around $80 at my local Wal-Mart.

Simbin announced that they soon will be releasing patch for Race Pro(it was announced on the last episode of InsideSimRacing).

Around the Network

@waron

I sure hope so, because at its core it's one of the best "pure" racing on the console. If you just want to race and could do without the frills and the graphics whoring then it is a very enjoyable experience. (though it's quite jarring to go from Forza 60fps to Race Pro).

I heard MS only allow 2 patch before they start charging publisher for bandwidth (make sense other wise company would only release buggy mess and then patch them) , so I sure hope they get all if not most of the bug fix and make the frame rate more stable. I know they wer busy with their PC Race On .. and it's not like Race Pro was selling well.

If they would just do simple texture a la RACE 07, I would have been fine. I would rather have decent looking graphic but smooth frame than try to pretty thing up and get sucky frame rate.

mysticD said:
@waron

I sure hope so, because at its core it's one of the best "pure" racing on the console. If you just want to race and could do without the frills and the graphics whoring then it is a very enjoyable experience. (though it's quite jarring to go from Forza 60fps to Race Pro).

I heard MS only allow 2 patch before they start charging publisher for bandwidth (make sense other wise company would only release buggy mess and then patch them) , so I sure hope they get all if not most of the bug fix and make the frame rate more stable. I know they wer busy with their PC Race On .. and it's not like Race Pro was selling well.

If they would just do simple texture a la RACE 07, I would have been fine. I would rather have decent looking graphic but smooth frame than try to pretty thing up and get sucky frame rate.

personally i think Race Pro looks very good, heck Forza 2 and Fuel still looks great for me - i don't have usual ps360 owners problem that when something doesn't look at certain(usually very high) level then is bad.

yeah this game didn't sell well, but i doubt it was expensive to make. i think it was just modified version of Race 07 and Simbin with Atari announced that they will be making lots of DLC and a sequel for ps360(though it was before release so who knows).

hey waron...

u'll be highly disappointed with Grid with wheel...cuz the game itself doesn't support 900 degree....it's actually better on controller...once u start playing..u'll understand...