By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ghostbusters for PlayStation 3: 3/4 the Resolution of the Xbox 360 Version?

http://ps3.kombo.com/article.php?artid=10260

I really don't care but maybe some of you will.

"We're running the same game for both platforms but if we made a PS3-only game, for example, you could double the amount of objects on screen that you're seeing. The PlayStation 3 has seven processors and the 360 only has three, so seven versus three means you can do a lot more on the PS3. We're keeping the game the same over both platforms so we don't want to take out any features," Randel added.

However, Lens of Truth ran an article comparing the two versions, determining that a number of differences put the Xbox 360 version ahead. Such differences included a "mysteriously blurred image" and lower texture quality.

"What the Lens of Truth were confused about was the resolution of the game," reports Gamezine.co.uk. "Was the PlayStation 3 version really running in high-definition at 720p? The answer is 'No.' We can confirm that the PS3 version of Ghostbusters is natively rendered at 960 by 540 pixels (three-quarters the resolution of 720p) with quincunx AA. The Xbox 360 version is actually rendered at 720p (1280 by 720 pixels) with 2xMSAA."

Around the Network

This would mean absolutely nothing to most people, if Randall hadn't been talking out of the wrong side of his mouth about console power. In addition, compairing a core to an SPU is an apples to oranges comparison - what was he thinking?

Anyway, this sucks. I only have a PS3 and even the PS3 posters on that site are saying "don't buy ports on a PS3". What the hell is that? You DON'T tout PS3 as your lead platform and then produce an inferior version from the lead platform.

I wonder how it looks in motion, I was really interested in this game, and I can't see that this would prevent me from buying it, but maybe someone who has played it can tell me....

I don't understand why he would run his mouth off like that? Like crazymann said comparing a core to an spu showed his ignorance of the architecture. If he has such limited technical knowledge then he should have never talked about graphics in the first place, all he did was make himself and his company look bad.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Really? I don't remember the 360 having a hard time running tons upon tons of zombies on screen in Dead Rising... heck, lets wait for Dead Rising 2 to see how many things the consoles can handle on screen at once...

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Im still getting the PS3 version and I have both 360/PC and a gaming PC. It really does show off how much I care!

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
Im still getting the PS3 version and I have both 360/PC and a gaming PC. It really does show off how much I care!

For the extra content?  Or some other reason?

Already posted I think.

@monlosez

wow I heard about the differences but that is a much bigger disparity than I thought there would be. The 360 version clearly looks much better in those screen shots.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Wow, they really fucked up the PS3 version.

I might buy this on PSP, but never PS3.

Crazymann said:
Squilliam said:

For the extra content?  Or some other reason?

Because I wanted the PS3 version? Thats the one I decided to get.

Tease.