By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Who else is playing DQ IX as their first DQ?

Man you have alot of money for games. Your Parents must spoil you with all these games.

on-topic: DQIX is going to be the first Dragon quest I will actually finish. My save file for 8 got erased and I never bothered starting it over.

Around the Network

I played I and III on the NES. III was long, and if I remember had all the towns and the map from I at the end of the game. It was a nice twist.

Highly recommend three

It'll be my first but i have played the spinoff 'Dragon Warrior Monsters II Cobi's Journey'.
And yes, I plan on getting it. The big franchises are almost always good games.

hhaha, what a n00b

How old are you soriku? Not being offensive just interested.

I've not played any DQ's before... they are too hardcore for me - and I'm a pretty big RPG fan.

Get ready to GRIND your arse off.

Around the Network

Played the first one on NES.

Then skipped 6 incarnations to play #8.

I've watched TAS'es of 1-3 though. I'll probably be picking up the DS copies, but those appear a bit too slow for me now.

Metal Babble appears! You wonder how the hell metal bubbles are floating. Metal babble escapes in the confusion. There goes 12,000 free experience.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

OriGin said:
How old are you soriku? Not being offensive just interested.

I've not played any DQ's before... they are too hardcore for me - and I'm a pretty big RPG fan.

Get ready to GRIND your arse off.

I think it is sufficiently often pointed out here that he is about 12

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

My first DQ was DQIV. Then I went back and played I and II (still haven't beaten that one) as well as the first DQ Monsters on GBC. Then VIII. Don't know what I'm waiting for wit hthe rest of the series. If the 4-6 remakes make it to the US then I'll probably buy them (along with IX), but I'll probably play their older incarnations on emulator long before then.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

played 1-4... what i mostly remember is skilling up =/

You Spoony Bard!

Dragon Quest and Dragon Warrior are one in the same, yes?

If so... 1 was my first and quite possibly my first RPG. I think i played it at first at my friends house, then got Final Fantasy later. Eventually buying it myself after... but that was a long time ago so it's just a guess.