By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official: ( Forza 3 ) Thread

^

Art work on the cars is just amazing..

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Uhh...hey everyone, I'm a bit new here, anyway, my anticipation for Forza 3 finally led me to register. Do any of you guys check out Turn 10's forums much? They have a full list of tracks and vehicles that have been confirmed thusfar. I was planning to do a breakdown of tracks (like where they're located, length, and various other things) mainly because I'm a stat nerd, but whenever I do (give me a little time) I'll post it here and keep updating whenever Turn 10 spills the beans on other tracks. And yes, though I'd like to see it for cars too, doing a breakdown of 400+ cars seems a bit of a daunting and ridiculous task to say the least. Anyway, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is going "wow, that looks awesome!" after seemingly every screeny Turn 10 releases!

EDIT: Whenever I do this, should I just put it here or in a new thread? I don't know what the policy is on multiple threads on the same game, but I would like people who are interested to be able to find it. Thanks! :)

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

themanwithnoname said:

Uhh...hey everyone, I'm a bit new here, anyway, my anticipation for Forza 3 finally led me to register. Do any of you guys check out Turn 10's forums much? They have a full list of tracks and vehicles that have been confirmed thusfar. I was planning to do a breakdown of tracks (like where they're located, length, and various other things) mainly because I'm a stat nerd, but whenever I do (give me a little time) I'll post it here and keep updating whenever Turn 10 spills the beans on other tracks. And yes, though I'd like to see it for cars too, doing a breakdown of 400+ cars seems a bit of a daunting and ridiculous task to say the least. Anyway, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is going "wow, that looks awesome!" after seemingly every screeny Turn 10 releases!

Welcome to the forum, and your breakdown the the Car/SUV/Track info will sure be a great addition.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

FKNetwork said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
matt247 said:
"Gran Turismo developer Polyphony Digital should pay attention. Turn 10 is doing some great things with Forza 3. Like releasing it. "

lol. Bad timing on that one, IGN.

Another rumor lol, noone knows the exact release date of GT5 yet but I will put money on it not being in 2009....

That's no rumor. GTPlanet don't fuck around. They've never posted release date rumors and are very srtict about it on the forums.

It's good they're both coming this year. It'll be interesting to compare sales and reviews.

Awesome video. Forza is looking better and better every week. Tomorrow is Forza Tuesday again right?

Around the Network

Ok, well here goes nothing! Keep in mind here that all these tracks have been in some form proven to be in the game thusfar (check the Turn 10 forum for that proof). Also, chances are I will have messed something up, so someone please correct me if you see anything wrong, because chances are it is wrong! If anyone can format this into a table, that would be greatly appreciated, because I tried and had no luck with getting a big table to work. Some of this info, we may not be able to figure out until the game comes out, especially when it comes down to lengths of fictional tracks and multiple layouts on the same course.

Course                           Country                         Region                                  Length                          Real?

Amalfi Coast                   Italy                               Europe                                  Unknown                       No

Circuit de Catalunya      Spain                              Europe                                  2.875 miles                    Yes

Laguna Seca                  United States                 North America                       2.238 miles                    Yes

Le Mans                         France                            Europe                                  8.469 miles                    Yes

Maple Valley                  Unknown                        Unknown                             Unknown                       No

Montserrat                    Spain                              Europe                                   Unknown                       No

Motegi                           Japan                             Asia                      speedway- 1.549 miles                   Yes

road course- 3.0 miles                      Yes

Mugello                         Italy                                Europe                                    3.259 miles                   Yes

New York                      United States                 North America                        Unknown                      No

Nurburgring                  Germany                         Europe                                    12.3 miles                      Yes

Sebring                         United States                 North America                          1.7 miles                      Yes

Sedona                        United States                  North America    road course - 4.13 miles                   No

circuit -  2.02 miles

oval -  1.51 miles

Silverstone                   Great Britain                   Europe                                     2.249 miles                  Yes

Suzuka                         Japan                              Asia                                         3.608 miles                   Yes

Tsukuba                       Japan                              Asia                                         1.287 miles                   Yes

Though not confirmed, I'd guess that Maple Valley will probably be in Canada or the United States.

Countries with the most circuits:  United States (4, 27%); Japan (3, 15%)

Region breakdown: Europe (7, 47%); North America (4, 27%); Asia (3, 21%)

Course length: < 2.5 miles (7); 2.5-5.0 miles (5); 5.0+ miles (2)

Real Tracks: 10, 66%      Fictional Tracks: 5, 33%

The percentages will be more relevant as soon as more tracks are revealed and more info on the current tracks is discovered. I used just the courses and not the layouts for everything except the length, which is really the only category it makes a difference in. Anyway, I hope someone other than me thinks this is pretty neat to look at, and again, let me know of any mistakes or of any new tracks that are released...I will keep an eye out as well and try to keep this updated!

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

^^Awesome post man!

themanwithnoname said:

EDIT: Whenever I do this, should I just put it here or in a new thread? I don't know what the policy is on multiple threads on the same game, but I would like people who are interested to be able to find it. Thanks! :)

Welcome! that sounds great if you do make that list/article, i'd stick it in this thread oherwise you might get a few people moaning about all the Forza 3 threads again lol

*UPDATE, ignore this as just saw your newer post!*