By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NHL 09 Cheats????

So i am playing the dynasty mode in NHL 09 and i am now in the playoffs facing the Washington Capitals.  Everything was going fine till i was 2 peroids in and i still could not get a single shot to go in.  No matter how pretty it was they goalie was all over every puck i sent at him.  Thats when i decided to take a look at what amazing goalie i was up aganist.... to my surprise i was not playing a him but a her. This person wasn't just a goalie they were a goalie god with the game giving her a 98 for her goalie score.

I mean i dont know everything there is to know about hockey but seriously i would have known if there was some amazing girl goalie in the league, not to mention the picture looks like its a 12 year old.

So has anyone else seen this or can anyone else confirm this and if you can do you know how she got there? She is about to ruin the crap out of a really good season because she is a freaking brick wall.

Around the Network

yeah ive seen its sabrina ladha. she has cancer and it was her last dying wish to be in the game. they put her in the game and she is god. she starts out in free agency and then some random team will pick her up funny thing is she was picked up by the caps in my be a pro haha. good luck beating her she is amazing

i had no problem scoring on her. from what i remember i think it was easiest to score on her 5 hole. she was on the canadiens in my be a pro. but yeah, try 5 hole!

Jaime Boyaca's My1UP Page: wiglo.1up.com

NHL 09 and Sabrina Ladha

I'm a big fan of hockey. Ever since my friend bought a Sega Genesis in 1993 and had me come over to play EA Sports' NHL Hockey '94 I've been hooked. I mean, yes... I'm a gamer and I've never actually been to a real life hockey game. I even live 10 minutes from MSG and that other one in NJ they keep changing the name of every 2 weeks. I've only seen it on TV and I've experienced it on gaming consoles since 1993.

I've always played with the Detroit Red Wings, just because in the '94 season they had some awesome stats. Throughout the years, I became very familiar with the names of players from all over the league. I knew stats. I knew numbers. I knew trades. I knew lines. I was obsessed. I was saddened to see Hasek retire. I was even more saddened to see him go away in NHL 09. But I played the season anyway, coop with my neighbor Scot. We did this for NHL 07, NHL 08 and we were ready to see the new changes coming to NHL 09. We loved it. We practiced. We played the season and accumulated a pretty good record.

And then came my game against the Toronto Maple Leafs. I mean, I thought Scot and I were good. We had one timers, hat tricks, dekes down to a science. We knew where we were on the ice at all times and new how to make the goalie commit while he faked, passed and I scored. But this Toronto Maple Leafs goalie was nearly impossible to score on. One time after a replay they highlighted the goalie on the screen. Scot and I almost spit out our beers because for a second, we saw what we thought looked like a little girl in a TML jersey. No, that's gotta be an easter egg, a joke!

So we played on and on and again, she shows up! Sabrina Ladha was her name and she was the best goalie in the league. Near impossible to score on. But we did it. Scot and I deked and faked enough that we made her commit and we just took her down! We were exhausted yet proud to win that game, but in the end we were curious who this super star Sabrina Ladha was. Was it a player's daughter? Or maybe a developers?

After a little research and to my surprise, Sabrina Ladha made a wish. She wanted to be a goalie in the next EA Sports NHL series. EA Sports granted her wish. How awesome is that? She made a wish and EA made it come true. Knowing this really brought warmth to my heart. I just beat the best goalie in the league and she just so happened to be a "Make a Wish" child. I also noticed one ugly thing about my research. So many posts on forums about how these kids got cheated out of good stats because of Sabrina Ladha. They bashed EA for putting her in. Wow man, how ignorant. She got cheated out of living a long life but now I'll definitely remember her as the toughest goalie I've faced since 1993. Kudos to EA and the Make a Wish Foundation.

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=8988091&publicUserId=6019348

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought that was a pretty classy thing for EA to do. I've heard other people's dynasty modes where she was picked up by the Canucks, and Luongo was riding the pine.........that was pretty funny to me. Although, judging by the last game for the Canucks in the playoffs, a 12 year old girl replacing Luongo doesn't seem to be that much of a reach, lol.

So thats kindda cool i guess.. just wish i knew so i could take her out..

But i did beat her, she gave up a ton of rebounds so i shot from the point and then crashed the net