By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FORZA 3 is the new graphics king

"For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction"

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network

1,000,000 polygons?? YYYYAAAA RIIIIGHHHHTTTTT! Was it from the mouth of the guy who bragged like a kid during microsoft's e3? If so, then it's YYYYAAAAA RIIIIGGGHHHTTTTT!~

luvtospooge said:
1,000,000 polygons?? YYYYAAAA RIIIIGHHHHTTTTT! Was it from the mouth of the guy who bragged like a kid during microsoft's e3? If so, then it's YYYYAAAAA RIIIIGGGHHHTTTTT!~

Wow, speaking of acting like a kid...Hey, did you know that he was not bragging? He was expressing how good the game was, thats kinda something people do when they are trying to sell stuff. He gave an extremely strong presentation that I thought was the best of the two conferances that I saw (Sony and MS). And, you know what else? He was confident that his game would be the best game, you know why? because that makes fanboys interested in arguing over what game is better, and then little tech facts that nobody would otherwise be interested in, come out of the woodwork, and show how good the game really is. 

Past Avatar picture!!!

@ironman

Half of his speech was bs, and half was reasonable.
No gameplay vids of GT5, so why all this "Foza 3 > GT5" or "GT5> Forza 3".

I'm just saying that 1,000,000 polygons is utter bs....
despite the 800,000 more polygons than gt5 prologue, they both look identical to my eyes.

P.S why should I listen to someone who has a xbox 360 as his pic...

Now, Im gonna go before a fight start.

I see a lot of sony fanboys posting these two "wallpapers"

These are wallpapers folks, created by the people at gamewallpapers.com.  They create 99% of the desktop backgrounds themselves, using promotional artworks from the games. 

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
luvtospooge said:
@ironman

Half of his speech was bs, and half was reasonable.
No gameplay vids of GT5, so why all this "Foza 3 > GT5" or "GT5> Forza 3".

I'm just saying that 1,000,000 polygons is utter bs....
despite the 800,000 more polygons than gt5 prologue, they both look identical to my eyes.

P.S why should I listen to someone who has a xbox 360 as his pic...

Now, Im gonna go before a fight start.

What part of his speach was BS? I'm sure he has seen what GT5 can do, or perhaps he was compairing Forza3 to GT5P. What I do know, is the whole speach was a sales pitch, every company does it, just because he dared to say his game would be better that GT5 *gasp*, does not make him arrogant, it makes him confident. Also, lets not forget, graphics will be about the saem, gameplay...has yet to be determined. so who knows, the overall package may be better. As for the polygons, you just proved my point on the graphics side of things, they both look very similar. The polygon count extends to the entire interior and exterior of the car, but really, thats just a bone that turn 10 threw out there to give xbox fanboys so they could stir the cauldrin.

As for your P.S. You should listen to me because I'm right. I have a 360 in my DP because that happens to be the only system I own. If you look elseware on the forum, as well as in this very thread I believe, you will see that I have stood up for the Wii, the PS3, and the Xbox, also, I have stated several times that I wish I could afford to get a PS3 so I could play GT5. You are fairly new here, so I guess I can give you a pass, but don't let it happen again.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Here are some photos from GT5P that are not taken in photo mode which adds extra effects to the shot. Notice the excessive jaggies.

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

that doesn't look too great.

Past Avatar picture!!!

@ darklich13 - can you tell me what those images of GT5P where taken on? Looks like SD tv not using HDMI connections cause that just looks plain UGLY!

it was the 360 version! XD

Past Avatar picture!!!