By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - my "The Munchables" review (great game)

I think this game is great and deserves more than what it's getting (actually nothing), so i wrote a review/summary, if anyone is interested in it.

You are basically eating the pirates that invade the islands where you live.
As you eat them, your character grows bigger, and levels up!
When you reach a level your appearance upgrades let's say, it gets bigger and stronger as it grows up and the areas look smaller which is pretty cool, then you can destroy everything! : P

You can only eat monsters whose level is smaller than yours or you attack them to break them in smaller pieces so they can be eaten. : P
If you are damaged, your level may go down.

Bosses are huge, but you eat parts off them and they become smaller. Poor brocco-lee, you eat all it's leaves and then what remains is half in size!

Every stage has a boss, which you should be a big level to eat him.

After you finish a stage, you "go to the toilet" let's say now, and you get orbs by enemies eaten when you.....
(you know). Then you are back at lv.1, don't worry, it will grow fast on the next stage, there's a lot of food!

There are things to collect in the stages and you unlock accessories for your character.
You visit many areas, like volcanoes, ruins, villages and so on...

It feels great playing the game, it's pure fun and original. Graphics are great and stylish. Gameplay is great, something in De-Blob style but this feels much better. Music is nice, too! Forgot to mention that it has 2 player co-op as well.

The concept is great and very well executed. I would give something between 9.0 and 9.5, probably a 9.4, i really like this kind of games.

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

Wow....Im interest..is this Wiiware???

Thanks for sharing.

I've been shocked by the good reviews this game is getting. Well it's not getting any 9's all the reviews agree it's a lot of fun to play.

I love fun novel games like this and I'll be sure to pick it up at some point.

I like getting stoned............. but on topic, yes this sounds good and if its cheap when it gets here i might grab it.

Oh and a 9 is pretty full on, how about lost points for game length?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

I almost bought this game yesterday but i went with Deadly Creatures instead.

Around the Network

it feels great to play this game, it's made by Namco

i wish Nintendo had a demo service or something, this game would have sold really well : (

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Wiiware???

Xxain said:
Wiiware???

30$ retail.

Xxain said:
Wiiware???

no, it's disk game

SOLD