By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Need help in FinalFantasy 3 DS!

Alright I bought FF3 a couple days ago. I've played it about 3 hours. However I still can't figure out how to save. I keep getting to the first cave and dying then restarting all over again. I'm beginning to get annoyed with the quicksave because as soon as you die your back at square one. So I want to know how you save and where to go to save. Do I have to defeat the Djinn first or what, please help I'm really getting annoyed!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

you might have missed the save point, i dont remember, but yea saving is a bitch in that game

PSN: Skiptomylou41k

Gamertag: Skiptomylou41k

PS3 Slim/Xbox 360 Short/Wii Black/PS2 Slim/Psp/DS

Cypher1980 said:
Soon the Darkside will be irresistable and will crush the MS rebel scum underfoot.

The Wii owners are like Ewoks. The Evil empire will tolerate them but turn their forest moon into a secret base.

You save on the world map, like any older Final Fantasy don't you?

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

SJGohan3972 said:

you do encounter save points within dungeons every blue moon or so, i remember in the final dungeon i lost 3 hours of gameplay because i ran into one of those colored dragons, crummy luck...haven't gone back to it ever since

Cypher1980 said:
Soon the Darkside will be irresistable and will crush the MS rebel scum underfoot.

The Wii owners are like Ewoks. The Evil empire will tolerate them but turn their forest moon into a secret base.

you should go to ign or gamefaqs dude, this game is ridiculous without some sort of guide so you don't get blindsided and lose hours of gameplay

Cypher1980 said:

Around the Network
SJGohan3972 said:

You're right. You can only save out in the world map.

It took me a while to figure that out, also, since it was my first-ever FF.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Alright I have another question. I'm at the small gnome town but I can't seem to use the mini spell. I looked online and somewhere read you have to be level 8 or higher. Well half my team is level ten and two are level nine. But I still can't turn mini!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

You need to buy the spell.

I would make sure that at least 3 of the 4 are a magic-using class when you go mini. Your physical attack prowess is greatly depleted, and you have to do a whole dungeon that way.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

yeah I hated that part because the crystal sickness really screws you over. You might want to have at least on black mage. They should be able to learn any spell that you come across until late game.

In FF3 spells are based on this level system. A black mage can learn up to level 8 but you only have three slots per level so choose wisely.

I wish you could battle other people in FF3, my guys are pretty godly. I grinded like crazy in that game.

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com