By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do Developers F-Up PS3 Games?

I can't wait for this game!

i loved the first one. 3 play throughs baby.

add me too the train please.

edit:wrong thread xD

Around the Network

@ jesus kung fu magic

MikeB , those were the words he meant to say because he followed it up by saying we dont want the system to be maxed out soon to keep our ten year plan.

IMO it was just poorly worded PR speak from a non technical person.

I don't think Ken designed the PS3 to make it intentionally harder to develop for, far more likely he designed it for maximum potential performance which can hold up well enough for a decade (being harder or better said different is then often a normal side effect, like Atari ST vs Amiga).

If all this potential could be immediately realized they would have, just like Amiga games from 1987-1989 would preferably have tapped the Amiga 500 hardware as much as games from 1990-1995 did.

However looking back at the legacy game engines from before the PS3 launched, IMO it was obvious this could not be achieved. It would involve a lot of re-design.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

jesus kung fu magic said:
MikeB said:
@ jesus kung fu magic

Ps3 is hard to develop for , sony admitted to that and actually did it on purpose but...........

It's not hard to develop for at all compared to other multi-processor environments. It was a bad choice of words by the exec, he should have stated the PS3 lacks some conveniences some game engine programmers heavily relied on in the past (with the advantage of being able to provide way more horsepower on a tiny PS3 chip). For the higher level devs using said technology such issues are hidden.

MikeB , those were the words he meant to say because he followed it up by saying we dont want the system to be maxed out soon to keep our ten year plan.

Either way you look at it, sony intentionally made the system harder to develop for.

They did make it hard to develop for. But they also made it rewarding.

Check out my game about moles ^

MikeB said:

@ jesus kung fu magic

IMO it was just poorly worded PR speak from a non technical person.

I don't think Ken designed the PS3 to make it intentionally harder to develop for, far more likely he designed it for maximum potential performance which can hold up well enough for a decade (being harder or better said different is then often a normal side effect, like Atari ST vs Amiga).

If all this potential could be immediately realized they would have, just like Amiga games from 1987-1989 would preferably have tapped the Amiga 500 hardware as much as games from 1990-1995 did.

However looking back at the legacy game engines from before the PS3 launched, IMO it was obvious this could not be achieved. It would involve a lot of re-design.

Its was not a PR but SCE's own president. A president that is ignorant to the product they are putting out is no president at all.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!