By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The retirement of the traditional controller

theprof00 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
theprof00 said:

I think sony will go the route with break apart controllers.

somthing like this V

Way too complicated, it would be a massive flop

troll

Nope, i'm right, look at the two controllers you're showing 12 buttons, two analog sticks and two motion controllers, that's horrible compicated, by comparision the Wii controls are elegant and simplified, it doesn't overwhelm the user

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

I hope that's really not the case, I dislike motions controls period for 99% of my games, but having said this, I don't see why both traditional and motion controls can't co-exist in harmony...different strokes for different fokes...

Hell if you really want to broaden the market then one would think that you'll have both control systems on the one system, that way that system not only appeals to the hardcore gamers but also the casual gamers...all in all it's a win win situation for everyone.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
theprof00 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
theprof00 said:

I think sony will go the route with break apart controllers.

somthing like this V

Way too complicated, it would be a massive flop

troll

Nope, i'm right, look at the two controllers you're showing 12 buttons, two analog sticks and two motion controllers, that's horrible compicated, by comparision the Wii controls are elegant and simplified, it doesn't overwhelm the user

Way to take something that I made up with 10 minutes on photoshop and make an actual commentary about how Nintendo is better because this isn't designed as well as a wii mote+numchuck that was in development for 3 years before release by a design team with a creative director. You're not a troll, you're actually serious ^o^