By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - remember when controllers weren't $50? (part 2)

4 Wii Motion Plus - $80
3 Wii Motes - $120
3 Nunchucks - $60
4 Classic Controllers - $80

Total - $340

3 Xbox 360 Wireless Controllers - $150

Total - $150

3 PS3 Sixaxis Controllers - $150

Total - $150

Notice i didn't take into consideration Wii Play, which would add $30 dollars more into the mix, which would include rise the price up to $370.

Around the Network

@ squilliam. And i collected all the rechargeables people threw out. Now I have a house made of batteries.

@ Ari. You're forgetting about the fact the Wiimotes, classic controllers (sometimes) and WM+ are bundled with games. PS360 controllers aren't

@ Scottie, lol. Well in the PS3's case the Dual Shock 3 has/was bundled with LBP.

Tease.

I was more meaning long term bundles. But I spose I counted a bundle for the classic controller that wasn't permanent and quite possibly wasn't even an official Nintendo thing

Edit: And controllers for the early adopters of the PS3 were really expensive, due to the whole haveing to buy sixaxii and then dualshock 3's

Ari_Gold said:

4 Wii Motion Plus - $80
3 Wii Motes - $120
3 Nunchucks - $60

Total - $340

Total - $150

Total - $150

Notice i didn't take into consideration Wii Play, which would add $30 dollars more into the mix, which would include rise the price up to $370.

For the love of stupid sons of bitches. I hate this argument.

WM+ and Classic Controllers are not necessary. That's like including eyetoy, the various stick controllers for fighters, or special racing wheels. Your an idiot who makes idiotic arguments.

4 player wii action for 98% of games available on Wii is:

3 Wii Motes = $120
3 Nunchucks = $60

Total = $180

oh noes $30 more for real motion controls.... idiot.

Why not add atleast $100 to 360's for Natal and probably another $200 for 4 waggle dildo wands for PS3. Wait, what about the 4 headsets for PS360 vs one Wii Speak? Ohhhh how about a $120 HDD vs $40 32Gb SD card for storage.

Your mother must hate you.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
Ari_Gold said:

4 Wii Motion Plus - $80
3 Wii Motes - $120
3 Nunchucks - $60

Total - $340

Total - $150

Total - $150

WM+ and Classic Controllers are not necessary. That's like including eyetoy, the various stick controllers for fighters, or special racing wheels. Your an idiot who makes idiotic arguments.

3 Wii Motes = $120
3 Nunchucks = $60

Total = $180

Why not add atleast $100 to 360's for Natal and probably another $200 for 4 waggle dildo wands for PS3. Wait, what about the 4 headsets for PS360 vs one Wii Speak? Ohhhh how about a $120 HDD vs $40 32Gb SD card for storage.

Why are you geting so defensive. He is simply stating what is costs for the controllers. And what does the price of the HDD have to do with anything? Did you forget that all PS3's and most 360's have a HDD already? So really the memory is only necessary for the Wii. And who needs four headsets? Do you think when you have four people playing on the same PS360 in the same room they all need headsets to talk to each other? Your mother must hate you.

B

Ari_Gold said:

4 Wii Motion Plus - $80
3 Wii Motes - $120
3 Nunchucks - $60

Total - $340

Total - $150

Total - $150

Wii Play would add $30 into the mix?  How on earth does that make any sense.  It's $10 more than a normal controller and comes with a controller... so basically it would add $10 to the mix AND WOULD GIVE YOU A GAME.  Opinions on Wii Play aside, most games cost quite a bit more than $10, so really it's quite a bargain.

You also really don't need all that hardware.  Wii Sports has zero games that use 3-4 nunchucks.  Smash Bros can be played with the nunchuck, the classic controller, OR just a Wii-mote.  Maybe if you have some burning desire to have 4 "complete" controllers, but it's pretty rare when you'd actually need all that hardware. 

mr.elite said:
superchunk said:
Ari_Gold said:

4 Wii Motion Plus - $80
3 Wii Motes - $120
3 Nunchucks - $60

Total - $340

Total - $150

Total - $150

3 Wii Motes = $120
3 Nunchucks = $60

Total = $180

Why are you geting so defensive. He is simply stating what is costs for the controllers. And what does the price of the HDD have to do with anything? Did you forget that all PS3's and most 360's have a HDD already? So really the memory is only necessary for the Wii. And who needs four headsets? Do you think when you have four people playing on the same PS360 in the same room they all need headsets to talk to each other? Your mother must hate you.

No, he is not simply stating the cost of all the controllers. He is making the same argument that trolls have made since Wii launched. That it actually costs a lot more since you *must* buy all of these extra peices. Its BS and I have seen this stupid argument WAY too many times to not get extreamly annoyed by it.

So, in similar fashion I throw in all of the other *necessary* PS360 peices. HDD was obviously referring to Arcade 360, and what no PS360 games allow at least 2 inhouse people to play online with others like Mario Kart? I know I've seen my brothers argue about who gets to wear the headset.

superchunk said:
mr.elite said:
superchunk said:
Ari_Gold said:

4 Wii Motion Plus - $80
3 Wii Motes - $120
3 Nunchucks - $60

Total - $340

Total - $150

Total - $150

3 Wii Motes = $120
3 Nunchucks = $60

Total = $180

No, he is not simply stating the cost of all the controllers. He is making the same argument that trolls have made since Wii launched. That it actually costs a lot more since you *must* buy all of these extra peices. Its BS and I have seen this stupid argument WAY too many times to not get extreamly annoyed by it.

So, in similar fashion I throw in all of the other *necessary* PS360 peices. HDD was obviously referring to Arcade 360, and what no PS360 games allow at least 2 inhouse people to play online with others like Mario Kart? I know I've seen my brothers argue about who gets to wear the headset.

"I must say" thats rare. 

sethnintendo said:
steven787 said:
Tastyshovelware, you have to add in the cost of recharge kits for Wii and 360; also include the cost of a usb cable beacuse the $55 dualshock 3's don't come with one (the original one in the box comes with one but not the extras).

Not exactly true.  I already had an Energizer charger and plenty of rechargeable AAs (granted I had to rebuy some AAs since they went bad after a few years) since GCN era since I had 4 wavebirds.  So some people might already have that, but probably not as many as there should be.  I think more people should go rechargeable.  It is cheaper in the long run and helps save the environment.  I suppose some people are just too lazy.

Notice I was addressing Tasty...

He is going to go overboard and say that every gamer has to own 4 nunchucks and 4 classic controllers to have a complete experience.  I was going a step further, not out of genuine interest, but to show how ridiculous of an argument that is.

Of course you don't have to buy 4 recharge kits, just like you don't have to buy 4 classic controllers, 4 nunchucks, 3 extra USB cables.

Still, Seth, even a charger and rechargeable batteries cost money.  Whether you already own one or not it had to cost something at some point.

@Scottie (great name by the way), I don't see how that is trolling when I added something for each console. If you mean I was trollling the OP, I was just being facetious to make a point, I don't really think that was trolling either.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.