By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Grand Slam Tennis vs Virtua Tennis 09 Wii differences and open questions

NJ5 said:

I think I have just made up my mind to get Grand Slam Tennis. I found a shop near here which lets you trade in 2 games plus 5 € for a Grand Slam Tennis pre-order.

I just went to another games store, bought two crappy Wii shovelware games for 10 € each and will get the game tomorrow. It doesn't have Wii MotionPlus bundled but I'll find another way to get it cheap (maybe from some UK online store).

Who said shovelware is useless?

Lol you are enterprising.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Around the Network

@tuoyo: I just ordered Wii MotionPlus at sendit.com, an UK shop. All together I'll get the game and WM+ for less than £40 including postage ;)

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:

I think I have just made up my mind to get Grand Slam Tennis. I found a shop near here which lets you trade in 2 games plus 5 € for a Grand Slam Tennis pre-order.

I just went to another games store, bought two crappy Wii shovelware games for 10 € each and will get the game tomorrow. It doesn't have Wii MotionPlus bundled but I'll find another way to get it cheap (maybe from some UK online store).

Don't the trade in games have to be of a certain value?   I know they do here.  But still I traded in three (minimum retrade value of $8) for Tiger Woods with WM+ ($70 value) and that was a sweet, sweet deal.

Gamerace said:
NJ5 said:

Don't the trade in games have to be of a certain value? I know they do here. But still I traded in three (minimum retrade value of $8) for Tiger Woods with WM+ ($70 value) and that was a sweet, sweet deal.

Nope, the only criteria was "the 2 games can't be the same, and no sports titles from 2008 or earlier".

I got these two (the cheapest I could find at the other store):

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=13180

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=3828

NJ5 said:
Gamerace said:
NJ5 said:

Don't the trade in games have to be of a certain value? I know they do here. But still I traded in three (minimum retrade value of $8) for Tiger Woods with WM+ ($70 value) and that was a sweet, sweet deal.

Nope, the only criteria was "the 2 games can't be the same, and no sports titles from 2008 or earlier".

I got these two (the cheapest I could find at the other store):

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=13180

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=3828

They're idiots if they allow any crap game to be traded in but good for you!  

Oddly I traded in Tiger Woods '07 (Wii) and EB Games gave me $19 for it.  I was shocked and so was the clerk but apparently it hasn't lost value for some reason.

Around the Network

Double post

NJ5 said:
@tuoyo: I just ordered Wii MotionPlus at sendit.com, an UK shop. All together I'll get the game and WM+ for less than £40 including postage ;)

£15.73?  Kind of expensive.  And it says the registered retail price is £24.99.  Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I may have to stick to bundles.  Grand Slam Tennis, Wii Sports Resort, Red Steel and something else. 

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Virtua tennis is the better game folks. I bought GST my friend bought VT after playing both at his crib, VT is a better all around product. GST has more authenticity as far as roster and locales go but the gameplay in VT is much more fluid and satisfying.

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.

@Arius Dion: Did you try the online mode? I've been hearing the GST online is great.

Regarding the gameplay, how did the controls compare?

tuoyo said:
NJ5 said:

£15.73?  Kind of expensive.  And it says the registered retail price is £24.99.  Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I may have to stick to bundles.  Grand Slam Tennis, Wii Sports Resort, Red Steel and something else. 

Okay looked at thir game pricing and doesn't even look like there's any saving getting a bundle or at least the GST bundle.  They are selling the game £27.73 while the bundle is £15 more expensive.  So you are only saving 73p (effectively paying £15 for WM+ as opposed to £15.73 if you buy the device on its own).  That's really rubbish.  I was expecting there would be a saving of at least £10 if you went for bundles.

EDIT: On Amazon it's even worse.  Cheaper to buy the WM+ and GST separate than to get the bundle.  I am really suprised at this pricing.  Thought EA would do the pricing at a level which meant the bundle was a major selling point over Virtua Tennis.