By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should I get a Wii or DS?

leo-j said:
@w29

I own a ds, and IM a sony fanboy so what?

Metroid is on that(best game on the ds or secound best)

Pokemon diamond!! etc..

Chillllllllll out. You seriously need ice. I just was curious cause. You defend them alot, and I figured you had the PSP and PS3, but then again your a child, so you should have a Wii and DS.

Around the Network

If you love Zelda (like me) or can not wait for Mario Galaxy get a Wii. Otherwise DS library is much sexier right now. If you do not get Phoenix Wright you do not deserve to play games.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

get a wii..the fun has just started. :)

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

weezy said:
get a wii..the fun has just started. :)

OBJECTION!

DS! I Choose You!! 

Don't get me wrong - I'm all for the Wii. But if it comes down to a choice between the systems - get a DS. Its also cheaper, and the games are cheaper.

For the price of a base-model Wii, you can get a DS and a bunch of games.

Then again - if you are interested in "social" gaming (having friends come to your place to play games) - get a Wii. Especially if the friends are non-gamers.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

DS has more variety, Wii has more must buy games (not saying DS doesn't have them too, but none stand out to me as must buys except the Castlevania games and the New Super Mario Bros). DS is also cheaper. If you really want Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxy, or SSBB, go with the Wii. Otherwise I would probably go with the DS.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

buy a DS
then buy Advance Wars DS

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I would say get the Wii. But it should be noted that i generally despise handheld gaming and only give into it for strategy RPGS.

Why play on a little tiny screen when you could play on your TV?

it all comes down to, where do you play video games?
I normally do when i am on the transit. Wii isn't an option there :)
So, take note of the time and place that you get to play, then pick.

DS has a better library, but I really recommend Wii now; SSBB, SMG, MP3 can't be ignored; and these are just the 1st party ones!