By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - your favorite stand up comedian ?

For me, it goes:

1. George Carlin

2. Dave Chappelle

3. Ricky Gervais

Then again, I haven't seen that many comedians.

Around the Network

George Carlin's pretty funny, but I've never thought his timing or delivery was funny enough to match his reputation. I can think or seven or ten comedians offhand who I consider funnier than him - no disrespect, it's just hard for me to call him the best.

nikki payne and john pinette

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

I was REALLY into stand-up in the 90's. Jerry Seinfeld, Dave Chappelle, Ellen Degeneres, and Jamie Foxx were amongst my favorites. They all became huge later in life, too. Good for them!

Does anybody in the universe like Martin Lawrence?

Somebody has to.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Does anybody in the universe like Martin Lawrence?

Somebody has to.

Big Mamma's House and The Black Knight can not be forgiven. Ever.

Dude must have cashed his check for that one wearing a bag on his head.

Actually I think that's a Wayans brothers joke. On that note, I know I liked the standup comedy of at least one of the Wayans. Maybe it was Keenen? Damn there's a lot of those guys.

Khuutra said:

Actually I think that's a Wayans brothers joke. On that note, I know I liked the standup comedy of at least one of the Wayans. Maybe it was Keenen? Damn there's a lot of those guys.

It was Damon.  He's the only one whose standup was somewhat funny.

d21lewis said:
Khuutra said:

It was Damon.  He's the only one whose standup was somewhat funny.

Just checked - and yeah, right you are.

Another comedian I always found very funny was Redd Foxx. He's one of the only comedians I've ever watched who actually told jokes instead of stories, but the delivery on his jokes was always impeccable.

Easily Ralphie May, seen him live 6 times. But Carlin is fantastic also, seen him twice. And I cant forget Lewis Black.