By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Holiday 09 - PS3 vs. 360 games

I want to play the 360 games more but that's just my personal preference.

Uncharted 2 should be awesome, though. Hopefully they remember to leave the zombie Nazis out of this one.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
JEDE3 said:
You asked for GT5 to be demoed. What would the difference between them playing GT5P which is already out in stores and GT5 be? Of course there is going to be tons on extra stuff in the final release.

Well if your going to go down that route why ever demo since it is just a driving game.

Why no comment about releasing ASAP to boost PS3 sales while the PS3 is still $399?

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Seihyouken said:
brythoma said:
im suprised no one has brought up Magna Carta 2 (JRPG for the 360- releasing in japan in august, should be released in the US/EU by August/September), or even Grand Theft Auto: Tales from Liberty City (Lost and Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony DLC as stand-alone retail disc). I wouldnt be suprised if GTA alone outsold all of the PS3 exclusives.

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City should be added, but as far as I can tell Magna Carta 2 (and Ninety-Nine Nights II for that matter) has yet to be given a solid non-japanese release.

True, but i think we could assume an overseas release for magna carta 2 as they've already released a few english trailers/gameplay footage and Namco's track record for release in US shortly after Japan (Tales of Vesperia, Eternal Sonata).  It would be a smart move for them, at least this year they wont be competing with another JRPG close to release (Blue Dragon released a few weeks before Eternal Sonata, and Infinite Undiscovery released a few weeks after Tales of Vesperia).

No idea about N3, hopefully they'll have it ready by the holidays.

Right now 360 has the edge for the Holidays. But it GT5 does get a Holiday release date, it's gonna mop the floor with Forza 3. (sales only) reviews might be a different story though.

Of course if you want to use facts and professional opinions on who will have the best line up regarding those games ..

Halo 1,2 & 3 - Metacritic 94 - 97
Sales - 6.4 million - 9.6 million

Splinter Cell 1,2,3 & 4 - Metacritic - 85 - 93
Sales - 1.07 million - 2.93 million

Forza 1 & 2 - Metacritic - 90 - 92
Sales - 1.01 million - 3.98 million

Left 4 Dead - Metacritic - 89
Sales - 2.19 million

PS3

Uncharted - Metacritic - 88
Sales - 2.34 million

Ratchet - Metacritic - 62 - 91
Sales - 0.13 million - 2.93 million

MAG - New IP

Demon Souls - New IP

As far as reviews and sales go, this swings in the 360 favour. Of course we don't play sales and reviews but they give us a good indication of how good a franchise is.

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
Right now 360 has the edge for the Holidays. But it GT5 does get a Holiday release date, it's gonna mop the floor with Forza 3. (sales only) reviews might be a different story though.

Would Sony be releasing GT PSP and GT5 so close together? Would that be smart?

monlosez said:
Blood_Tears said:

Yes.

JEDE3 said:
monlosez said:
Blood_Tears said:

Yes.

People will be like which game system should I get GT on? PSP or PS3 or both.

monlosez said:
JEDE3 said:
monlosez said:
Blood_Tears said:

Yes.

People will be like which game system should I get GT on? PSP or PS3 or both.

yes as well. Sony owns both platforms, a sale for either = 1 less sale for Forza

Ones portable handheld the other is a home console.

Im pretty sure they target different audience.

And the same hardcore audience that will buy both.